Synopses & Reviews
- Stanley pros offer novices and experts shortcuts, tips, and advice on how to avoid pitfalls.
- Step-by-step details and hundreds of photos simplify dozens of projects to construct and finish walls.
- Projects provide instructions for common carpentry solutions plus unusual situations.
- Advice and techniques to estimate material use, choose hardware, prepare and stain woods, make repairs, and use high-tech tools.
- Instructions show how to add crown molding, hang doors, install chair rails, match architectural trims, and more.
- Handy pre-start checklists for each project show the tools, materials, skills, and prep time required.
Facts & Trends- Carpentry, an essential DIY skill, involves more complex tools than it did in the past.- Trimwork has emerged as a hot trend with consumers wanting to add architectural elements to their homes.- Sales of carpentry books increased 41% from 2002 to 2003.- 160,000 Stanley DIY books shipped to customers in the past 18 months.- Stanley's trusted name in home improvement eases the fear of do-it-yourself carpentry.