Synopses & Reviews
The complete way to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Exams
The CompTIA A+ Certification Kit brings the best of traditional learning with the leading edge online learning tools that help you prepare, learn, and practice at your own pace. Use dynamic online testing services to get feedback on where you are prepared and where you need more help, focus your learning on just what you need to know, and practice with fast, comprehensive, and interactive testing tools that get you to exam readiness quickly and comprehensively.
This product provides comprehensive preparation for all four CompTIA A+ exams, including;
• A+ 220-601 (A+ Essentials)
• A+ 220-602
• A+ 220-603
• A+ 220-604
The CompTIA A+ Certification Kit Contains:
CompTIA A+ certpreponline
Web-based assessment, learning, and exam preparation
CompTIA A+ Cert Prep Online is an easy-to-use exam preparation service that both tests your readiness and teaches you what you need to know to pass all of the four CompTIA A+ exams. The web-based service assesses your knowledge with brief, objective-specific quizzes. Then it provides not only feedback on areas where you need further study within that objective, but you are also provided with the actual study materials you need to learn in the form of PDFs from CompTIA A+ Exam Prep, as well as other visual learning tools. After reviewing the learning materials you take another test to be sure that you understand those objective concepts and that you are ready for the actual exam.
When you have completed all the objectives, you can take up to seven practice exams, providing you a measurement on your exam readiness, practice for the exam experience, and confidence to pass the CompTIA A+ Exams.
CompTIA A+ Exam Prep
Foundation learning and exam preparation book
With over 100,000 copies sold, CompTIA A+ Exam Prep has combined the Exam Cram series learning tools with the popular in-depth teachings from IT certification educator and expert Charles Brooks to help IT professionals and students alike succeed at these challenging exams.
CompTIA A+ certflashcardsonline
250 web-based Flash Cards
CompTIA A+ Cert Flash Cards Online is a web-based service that provides late-stage exam preparation. With over 250 questions organized by objective and sub-objective, you can focus your study on selected topics. You can even write notes on each question and then get a printable PDF of all your notes.
CompTIA A+ WindowsSimulator
200+ Control Panel Simulations
CompTIA A+ Windows Simulator helps you develop and practice hands-on skills. This state-of-the-art simulator software allows you to gain hands-on with both a Windows XP and Windows 2003 simulator. Work through over 200 Control Panel scenarios in either a learning mode or a testing mode to prepare for the A+ exams.
This is the most comprehensive, efficient, flexible, and student-friendly A+ study kit on the market. It is intended for any level of user, and can be used in any way: both for self-study and in conjunction with instructor-led classroom study. It supports all three A+ certification paths, so students can use it immediately to gain A+ certification, and then continue to use it as their careers move forward and their A+ certification requirements change. For a fraction of the price students would pay to purchase all these study materials separately, the CompTIA A+ Certification Kit
- The best-selling A+ Exam Prep print and eBook by Charles Brooks: more than 1,200 pages of expert study material on every A+ exam objective.
- The most advanced diagnostic testing engine on the marketplace: Cert Prep Online. This diagnostic testing engine offers state-of-the-art remediation and reporting features, all organized around exam objectives to help students make the most of their preparation time.
- A new library of web-based electronic flash cards (Cert Flash Cards Online) to help students quickly assess their weaknesses.
- More than 200 interactive Control Panel simulations designed to help students quickly build real-world proficiency in the tasks covered by A+.
Comprehensive and user-friendly, this study kit is for any level of user and can be used for self-study or with an instructor-led classroom. It includes "A+ Exam Prep" by Brooks, a new library of Web-based electronic flash cards on CD-ROM, and more.
Table of Contents
1. Basic PC Terms and Concepts
2. PC System Boards
4. Random Access Memory (RAM)
5. Data Storage Systems
6. Ports and Peripherals
7. Installing, Upgrading, Configuring, and Optimizing PC Components
8. Basic Troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance Techniques
9. Advanced PC Troubleshooting
10. Portable Computer Fundamentals
11. Maintaining and Repairing Portable Computers
12. Windows Operating Systems
13. Major Windows Structures
14. Installing and Upgrading Operating Systems
15. Optimizing Operating Systems
16. Operating System Utilities
17. Basic Operating System Troubleshooting and Maintenance
18. Printers and Scanners
19. Printer and Scanner Servicing
20. Basic Networking Concepts
21. Installing Local Area Networks (LANs)
22. Wide Area Networking
23. Network Troubleshooting
25. Safety and Environmental Issues
26. Professionalism and Communication
27. Advanced PC Component Installations and Upgrades
28. Essentials Practice Exam
29. IT Tech Practice Exam
30. Depot Practice Exam
31. Remote Support Practice Exam