Synopses & Reviews
Your 2-in-1 Self-Paced Training Kit
EXAM PREP GUIDE
Ace your preparation for the skills measured by CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-005. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This guide is designed to help make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exam by mastering these objectives:
- Network Concepts
- Network Installation and Configuration
- Network Media and Topologies
- Network Management
- Network Security
Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Ace your preparation for the CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-005 with this 2-in-1 Training Kit from Microsoft Press®. Work at your own pace through a series of concepts, tasks, and practical exercises, and then assess your network service/support technician skills with the online practice test—featuring multiple, customizable testing options to meet your specific needs.
Your Training Kit includes:
- In-depth coverage of all 5 CompTIA Network+ domains in Exam N10-005
- Instructive real-world scenarios to enhance your performance on the job
- Hundreds of practice and review questions
- Online practice tests to help you assess your exam readiness
- The entire Training Kit in searchable eBook format
About the Author
Craig Zacker is a writer, editor, and educator who has written or contributed to dozens of books on operating systems, networking, and PC hardware, as well as several college texts and online training courses. Craig is the author of the Windows Small Business Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, and co-authored the MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-686): Windows 7 Desktop Administrator.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Networking Basics
- Chapter 2: The Physical Layer
- Chapter 3: Network Devices
- Chapter 4: The Data-Link Layer
- Chapter 5: Wireless Networking
- Chapter 6: The Network Layer
- Chapter 7: Routing and Switching
- Chapter 8: The Transport Layer
- Chapter 9: The Application Layer
- Chapter 10: Wide Area Networking
- Chapter 11: Network Security
- Chapter 12: Network Management
- Chapter 13: Network Troubleshooting