Synopses & Reviews
Prepare for CompTIA's newly updated Project+ certification exam
CompTIA is offering the first major update to its Project+ certification in six years, and this in-depth study guide from project management industry experts Kim and William Heldman is the perfect preparation for the new exam. You'll find complete coverage of all exam objectives, including key topics such as project planning, execution, delivery, closure, and others.
- CompTIA's Project+ is the foundation-level professional exam in the complex world of project management; certified project managers often choose to go on and obtain their Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications as well
- Provides complete coverage of all exam objectives for CompTIA's first update to the Project+ exam in six years
- Covers project planning, execution, delivery, change, control, communication, and closure
- Demonstrates and reinforces exam preparation with practical examples and real-word scenarios
- Includes a CD with Sybex test engine, practice exams, electronic flashcards, and a PDF of the book
Approach the new Project+ exam with confidence with this in-depth study guide!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Prepare for CompTIA's new Project+ exam!
Take an important step in your project management career by obtaining CompTIA's Project+ certification. CompTIA is offering the first major update to its Project+ exam in six years, and this in-depth study guide from project management industry experts Kim and William Heldman is the perfect preparation for the exam. You'll find complete coverage of all exam objectives, including key topics such as defining cost, risk, and delivery; handling changes mid-stream; and how to keep all stakeholders up to speed. Inside, find:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the contextof actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
Look inside for complete coverage of all exam objectives.
About the Author
, PMP, Project+, is the Chief Information Officer for the Colorado Department of Transportation. She has over 16 years of experience in project management and consulting experience. Kim is the author of several books on project management, including all the editions of the bestselling PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide
William Heldman, Project+, Microsoft MVP, has over 17 years of IT project management experience, including working for the Colorado Department of Revenue to develop and implement the agency's network infrastructure.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Initiating the Project.
Chapter 2 Project Process Groups and the Project Charter.
Chapter 3 Planning a Project.
Chapter 4 Schedule Planning.
Chapter 5 Communicating the Plan.
Chapter 6 Defining the Cost, Quality, and Risk Plans.
Chapter 7 Executing the Project.
Chapter 8 Processing Change Requests.
Chapter 9 Controlling the Project.
Chapter 10 Closing the Project.
Appendix What You’ll Find on the CD.