Synopses & Reviews
The most complete and up-to-date philosophy reference for a new generation, with entries ranging from Abstract Objects to Wisdom, Socrates to Jean-Paul Sartre, Ancient Egyptian Philosophy to Yoruba Epistemology.
The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy includes:
* More than 2000 alphabetically arranged, accessible entries
* Contributors from more than 1200 of the world's leading thinkers
* Comprehensive coverage of the classic philosophical themes, such as Plato, Arguments for the Existence of God and Metaphysics
* Up-to-date coverage of contemporary philosophers, ideas, schools and recent developments, including Jacques Derrida, Poststructuralism and Ecological Philosophy
* Unrivalled international and multicultural scope with entries such as Modern Islamic Philosophy, Marxist Thought in Latin America and Chinese Buddhist Thought
* An exhaustive index for ease of use
* Extensive cross-referencing
* Suggestions for further reading at the end of each entry
This encyclopedia features over 2000 full-length articles and contributions by 1300 of the world's leading thinkers. Entries are alphabetically arranged with extensive cross-referencing highlighting the relationship between them.
The scholarship of this monumental and award-winning ten-volume work is available in one affordable book that brings together more than 2,000 entries from the original in a shortened, more accessible format. Extensively cross-referenced and indexed.