Synopses & Reviews
Content Nation analyzes the nature of how social media communications are changing the content provider industry and provides examples of what works and doesn't work in social media in three key arenas: internal and external business communications, political communications and personal communications. The book will examine a wide range of global markets and cultures: Content for the book will be created not only by the author but with contributions from social media itself: collaboration using the wiki model, the first full-fledged book to provide the broad and 30,000 feet look at not only the influence of social media but have the book created with social media itself. What it means to be a content provider when more than a billion people are potential global content providers. How social media is changing how businesses are marketing their products and services and how they organize themselves for success, from how small villages in rural India can produce crops more efficiently to how major industries must change how they serve their markets. How social media influences how people form, influence and interact with their governments. Several key principles of how social media works and how people need to use it to be successful will be defined and illustrated via these examples. Many of these materials are expected to come from contributions to the Content Nation web site from leading thinkers in the social media space and from people in the arenas studied who must deal with the impact of social media.
Find out how social media communications is changing the content provider industry in Content Nation: Surviving and Thriving as Social Media Technology Changes Our Lives and Our Future. Developed through a collaborative wiki, this book is a collection of information from social media experts and serves as an example of how social media impacts the way we provide and receive content. You will learn how social media changes the way businesses market products and services, influences how people interact with the government, and dictates how we communicate with one another on a personal level.
- Content for the book was created collaboratively using the wiki model, making this book the first ever to examine the influence of social media while also being created within social media itself
- Includes helpful examples of what works and what doesn't in social media in arenas such as internal and external business communications, political communications, and personal communications
- Provides an in-depth look at how social media is changing the ways in which businesses are marketing their products and services and how they organize themselves for success
"It's hard to imagine a book that makes a broader and deeper examination of social media than Content Nationor that gives more useful advice."
David "Doc" Searles, coauthor of The Cluetrain Manifesto
"The enthusiastic message John Blossom spreads in Content Nation is: Become your own media, engage, share, participate, make your voice heard!"
Robin Good, social media pioneer and editor of Robin Good's MasterNewMedia
From cave paintings to Craigslistthe content evolution
This book is revolutionary not only in its scope, but in the way it came to be. Through the wiki collaboration process, it evolved and developed online at ContentNation.comliterally created by the social media it examines. Hundreds of individual publishers contributed to its content. If you have sent an e-mail, voted in a Web poll, posted a video on YouTube, or sent a text message, you are part of Content Nation. Welcome to the evolution.
Examine what it means to be a provider of content in a global environment
Explore the challenges to marketing, enterprise, and government
Discover the seven secrets of social media
Meet the three tribes of Content Nation: personal, media, and enterprise publishers
See how collaboration expands the scope of content
Catch a glimpse of life in a future built on Content Nation
Understand how social media affects the balance of power
Become a citizen of Content Nation
About the Author
John Blossom founded Shore Communications, Inc. and manages the extremely popular ContentNation.com social media portal. He has written extensively on the importance of social media and presented at prestigious conferences of the content provider industry. John's expert views have been sought by The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, USA Today, ABC Radio National, CEO magazine, and many others.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Chasing the Mammoth.
1. Content Nation: A World of Influential Content Providers Declares its Citizenship.
2. What Makes Social Media Tick: Seven Secrets of Social Media.
3. Social Structure in Content Nation: Changing Tribes, New Leaders.
4. The New Media: Content Nation Challenges the Fundamentals of Marketing.
5. The New Work: Content Nation Challenges the Future of Today's Enterprises.
6. The New Politics: Content Nation Redefines How Citizens Influence Governments.
7. The New Society: Content Nation Redefines How People Live Their Lives.
8. The New Survival: Content Nation Redefines the Future of Humanity.
9. The New Success: How to Survive and Thrive in Content Nation.
10. The New Epoch: Life in a Future Built on Content Nation.
11. Conclusion: The Evolving Conversation of Content Nation.