Table of Contents
PART I: IMAGING DIVERSITY. 1. Multiple Identities: Defined.
2. Multicultural Competencies and Skills.
3. Statused Identities.
PART II: VALUED CULTURES. 4. Native Americans and Alaskan Natives.
6. People of African Descent.
7. People of Asian Descent, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
PART III: CONVERGING IDENTITIES. 8. Converging Race.
9. Converging Gender.
10. Converging Socioeconomic Class.
11. Converging Sexual Orientation.
12. Converging Physical Attractiveness, Ability, and Disability.
PART IV: REIMAGING COUNSELING. 13. Diversity in Relationships.
14. Mutuality, Empathy, and Empowerment in Therapy.
15. Diverse Counseling and Healing Strategies.
Epilogue. Name Index. Subject Index.