Synopses & Reviews
Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a website? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, youll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking, visitor-friendly site. This Missing Manual gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need.
- Plan your site. Create web pages by learning the basics of HTML and HTML5.
- Control page design with CSS. Format text, images, links, tables, and other elements.
- Attract visitors. Ensure that people can find your site through popular search engines.
- Build a community. Add forums, fresh content, and a feedback form to encourage repeat visits.
- Get smart. Use free tools to identify your sites strengths and weaknesses.
- Create your own blog. Post your musings with a free blog-hosting service.
- Bring in cash. Host Google ads, sell Amazons wares, or push your own products.
- Add pizzazz. Include audio, video, interactive menus, and more.
Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a web site? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, you'll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking and visitor-friendly site that features components such as audio, video, and e-commerce capability. This Missing Manual gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need -- including when and how to adopt HTML5.
- Learn to create a site from start to finish with hands-on, guided instructions
- Control page design and layout with powerful style sheets
- Bring in cash with Google ads, affiliate programs, and a PayPal shopping cart
- Track site visitors and identify the pages they're checking out most often
- Build a community by adding online discussions and forums
- Create your own blog using a free blog-hosting service
- Find the right Web host and get a personalized Web address
About the Author
Matthew MacDonald is a science and technology writer with well over a dozen books to his name. Web novices can tiptoe out onto the Internet with him in Creating a Website: The Missing Manual. HTML fans can learn about the cutting edge of web design in HTML5: The Missing Manual. And human beings of all description can discover just how strange they really are in the quirky handbooks Your Brain: The Missing Manual and Your Body: The Missing Manual.
Table of Contents