Synopses & Reviews
Creating Your Birth Plan
helps expectant mothers make informed decisions about the assistance they'll require for childbirth. Designed to encourage collaboration between pregnant women and their caregivers, it includes information on:
- What to expect when delivering in a hospital, in a birthing center, or at home
- How to select an advocate to ensure expectant mothers' wishes are honored by their caregiver
- The natural stages of labor in a problem-free birth
- Explanations of various medical or surgical interventions, and potential complications and benefits of each
- Natural alternatives to drugs, technology, and surgery
Designed to encourage collaboration between pregnant women and their caregivers, this resource includes information on what to expect when delivering in a hospital, birthing center, or home; the natural stages of labor in a problem-free birth; and natural alternatives to drugs, technology, and surgery.
About the Author
Marsden Wagner, M.D., M.S, an independent consultant on maternity care, has been featured in US News and World Report
, Mother Jones
, New York Times
, and Los Angeles Times
, and has appeared on Dateline
and Good Morning America
. He is a former director of Women's and Children's Health for the World Health Organization, and the author/editor of eight books.
Stephanie Gunning is an author, editor, and publishing consultant specializing in books on health, spirituality, and personal growth.