Synopses & Reviews
This empowering guide is an inspirational roadmap for the millions of men and women navigating a rocky relationship with a former spouse-while trying to maintain a healthy atmosphere for their child. Topics include:
* The 7 strategies for peace when an ex refuses to change
* Skills for taming former in-laws
* Ways to help children cope with a difficult parent
* Strategies and alternatives for focusing anger
* How to avoid hot-button issues
* How to nudge an ex to change for the better
* Ways to deal with children's questions and confusion
* The new partner's role in the old partner's shadow
This is the book for every frustrated parent coming out of a divorce who needs support in setting things right-the healthy, sensible, and sane way.
About the Author
Jeffrey P. Wittman, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist, family therapist, and divorce mediator whose private practice concentrates on services for divorcing families, including the "Kids First" program.