Synopses & Reviews
Completely overhauled, our popular Oregon coast guidebook is reborn in the multi-featured, graphically engaging Day Hiking series.
Undulating sand dunes, primeval forests, rocky headlands, remote beaches: the wild Oregon coast is impossible to resist. In this updated guide, Bonnie Henderson points you to the 120 best outings in the region, from the Columbia River in the north to the Winchuck River in the south, right by the California coast. Hikes range from an easy beach walk to a multi-day trek of the Oregon Coast Trail. For each outing, you'll find clear driving directions along with a comprehensive trail description covering distance, difficulty, terrain, best time to go, and more.
You'll find suggestions for other outdoor activities, such as tidepooling, cycling, wildlife viewing, and camping, to help make the most of your time at the beach.
"Day Hiking: Oregon Coast has been designed from cover to cover to meet the needs of today's hikers." Ashland Daily Tidings
"It makes sense to pack Day Hiking Oregon Coast if you are planning a trip to the ocean." The Bulletin
"The best [hiking guide] I've seen for any region of Oregon..." East Oregonian Sunday
Features include the following:
- 100-125 trails presented in each guide
- All trails rated for difficulty level and overall experience/quality of hike
- Most trails less than 12 miles round trip, with suggestions for extending your hike
- Includes nearby car camping options
- Driving time map from major cities and road junctions
- Two-color maps, charts, and elevation profiles (except Oregon Coast where trails are mostly flat)
About the Author
Bonnie Henderson is a regular contributor to Sunset magazine and is the author of Best Hikes with Kids: Oregon. She lives with her family in Eugene, Oregon.