Synopses & Reviews
Looking for deck ideas? You've come to the right place. Whether you are building a new deck yourself, having one built, or stepping up from a basic "builder special" deck, you'll find lots of fun-and practical-ideas in DECK DESIGNS, Plus Railings, Planters & Benches.
The decks presented run the gamut from basic ground-level platforms to elaborate multilevel structures. Inside, you'll find
- An introductory design section, giving planning and design fundamentals
- The best designs from four of the country's top deck designer-builders, representing different regions of the U.S.: Northeast (New Jersey), Southeast (Virginia), Southwest (Texas), West (California)
- Special building techniques and shortcuts from the professional deck builders
- Beautiful full-color renderings, floor plans, and details of 25 decks that have actually been built, plus handsome color photographs of a part of each builder's portfolio as well as color photographs of a variety of additional decks
- Color illustrations of each deck in two views
Contains the best plans from top deck designer-builders. Includes planters, railings, benches, and trellises, as well as materials lists. Over 500 color photos and drawings.
Deck Designs, Plus Railings, Planters, Benches
, is a combination idea and how-to book that contains 25 deck designs, plus general design information, for those contemplating building a deck. For homeowners, one of the most challenging aspects of building a deck is choosing a design that works for both the family and the yard where the deck will be installed. To help generate ideas, Creative Homeowner presents the best designs from four of the top deck designer/builders in the country. Their designs are shown in photos and renderings, as well as floor plans and details. Amenities like overhead structures, railings, benches, and planters are also detailed.
The best plans from top deck designers. Includes planters, railing, benches, and trellises. 300 color photos and drawings