Synopses & Reviews
- Native language instruction in a core curriculum area
- Maps, including a black-and-white reproducible activity map
- Did You Know? fun fact boxes
- Two fact pages on each country's government, population, flag, and currency
- Glossary, Index
- Web sites for further information
Looking at AFGHANISTAN: Did you know that radio and television were once banned in Afghanistan? Looking at Afghanistan, you will see the towering Hindu Kush Mountains, the red sands of the Rigestan Desert, and the beautiful blue-tiled mosque at Mazar-e Sharif. Learn about life in Afghanistan, from Kabul to Kandahar and from sandstorms to silk.