Synopses & Reviews
What is the connection between design, invention, and innovation? Where does "art" stop and "design" start? Should form be inspired by fun, or by function? Design: A Crash Course
gives you the lowdown on the people who have made our world look the way it does and helps you untangle the difference between necessity and indulgence.
- Discusses all major developments in design history
- Features key products and outstanding innovators
- Crib boxes tell you just who taught whom what
- Glossary defines all those design foibles
- Timeline helps you avoid making any design date faux pas