Synopses & Reviews
"Thank you," wrote a reader to Design*Sponge creator Grace Bonney, "for teaching me that houses don't have to be frumpy and formal. They don't have to be matchy-matchy or rigidly modern." They can just be comfy and unique and reflect who you are, no matter how small your budget or space.
That reader is one of the 75,000 unique daily visitors to Design*Sponge, who make it the most popular design site on the web. The site receives 250,000 pageviews every day and has 150,000 RSS subscribers and 280,000 followers on Twitter. Design*Sponge fans have been yearning for the ultimate design manual from their guru, Grace, and she has finally delivered with this definitive guide, which includes:
- Home tours of 70 real-life interiors featuring artists and designers
- Fifty DIY projects, with detailed instructions for personalizing your space
- Step-by-step tutorials on everything from stripping and painting furniture to hanging wallpaper and doing your own upholstery
- Fifty Before — After makeovers submitted by readers of Design*Sponge — real people with limited time and realistic budgets
- Essential tips on modern flower arranging, with 20 arrangements
With over 700 color photos and illustrations and projects that are customizable, relatable, and affordable, this is the democratizing design book everyone has been waiting for — and all for only $35.00!
A new home décor bible by one of the Web's most popular and beloved design bloggers.
About the Author
Grace Bonney is the creator of Design*Sponge, a daily Web site dedicated to home and product design. A native of Virginia Beach, Grace has worked as a contributing editor at publications like House & Garden, Domino, and Craft Magazine. In 2006 Grace founded the Design*Sponge Biz Ladies series, a traveling event designed to connect women running their own design-based businesses with free legal, financial, and marketing advice. She lives in an apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with her husband, Aaron Coles, and their two cats, Turk and Ms. Jackson.