Synopses & Reviews
Spicy. Sweet. Tasty. Tart. No...we're not talking about the lovely ladies of Wisteria Lane, but their cooking. Bree, Susan, Lynette, and Gabrielle may not be traditional housewives, but they do have their special talents in the kitchen. In The Desperate Housewives Cookbook
, they share those recipes...and so much more!
Tune in to ABC's monster hit Desperate Housewives on any given Sunday night, and you'll salivate over everything from Bree's uber-gourmet repasts to Susan's what's-a-spatula simple suppers. They may have wildly different personalities and story lines, but if there's one thing the four heroines have in common, it's food. In The Desperate Housewives Cookbook, the show's millions of fans will find recipes for all the foods made famous by the show, as well as many others inspired by each housewife. For example:
- Bree's elegant, impressive dinners feature dishes like Basil Puree Soup, Braised Duck, and Chicken Cutlets Saltimbocca.
- Lynette's time-challenged lifestyle leads to quick, healthy, everyday fare like French Toast for Breakfast (or Dinner) with Blueberry Syrup; Warm Turkey, Muenster, and Coleslaw Wraps; and Potato Casserole.
- Susan's lack of kitchen skills means that her dishes are of the couldn't-be-simpler (but still mouthwatering) variety, like a Salad of Roasted Peppers, Fresh Mozzarella, and Arugula; Foolproof Macaroni and Cheese; Chocolate Butterscotch Bars; and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Gabrielle enjoys the finest things in life and food is no exception. Her meals are gourmet, and most definitely prepared by a personal chef. Her faves include Shrimp with Chorizo and Red Pepper, Guacamole with Warm Chips, andPineapple-Peach Smoothies.
- Edie uses food for seduction as much as for sustenance. Her sensual favorites include Oysters Poached in Champagne and Cream, Sausage Puttanesca, and Ambrosia.
Fans of Desperate Housewives will find recipes for all the foods made famous by the show as well as many others inspired by each housewife.
From Bree's ber-gourmet repasts to Susan's what's-a-spatula simple suppers, and from Lynette's meals in a hurry to Edie's food for seduction and Gabrielle's epicurean delights, "The Desperate Housewives Cookbook" presents 125 recipes inspired by the Ladies of Wisteria Lane. Color photos throughout.