Synopses & Reviews
Meal planning is one of the hardest parts of managing diabetes. But the Diabetes Food Pyramid makes meal planning easier than ever. This newest edition has been updated to include the most recent changes to the USDA Food Guide Pyramid and healthy eating guidelines, information about health claims on food labels, and nutritional supplements.
Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy, 2nd Edition, helps you master each food group in the Diabetes Food Pyramid. From starches at the Pyramid's base to fats, sweets, and alcohol at the Pyramid's tip, you'll learn how much of which foods to eat to fit your personal nutrition needs. It's just like having a friendly dietitian sitting right next to you.
Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy, 2nd Edition fits your busy lifestyle by helping you:
- Learn quick and easy ways to eat more starches, fruits, vegetables, and milk
- Cut the fat grams from your eating plan
- Make realistic changes in your eating habits to reach your diabetes goals
- Organize your shopping list and your pantry to save time and money
- Understand how to use the Nutrition Facts on the food label
- Learn practical tips and strategies for eating away from home
- Prepare shopping lists
- Create home and restaurant meal plans
- Much more
"Hope has done it again! She provides practical tips on enjoying food and managing diabetes." -- Carolyn Leontos, MS, RD, CDE
"Hope is the absolute authority on proper meal planning for people with diabetes. You will be able to manage well when you have Hope Warshaw's book on your shelf." -- Robyn Webb
Putting the food pyramid to work sounds simple enough, but frequent changes in nutrition recommendations make it important to stay well informed and up-to-date. This revised second edition reveals the latest information on the six food groups and how to incorporate them into a healthy diet.
Putting the food pyramid to work sounds simple enough, but frequent changes in nutrition recommendations make it important to stay well informed and up-to-date. This revised second edition of Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy reveals:
- the latest information on the six food groups and how to incorporate them into a healthy diet
- how to make smart choices about sweets, fats, and dairy products
- how to shop smart at the grocery store
- and more.
About the Author
Hope Warshaw, M.M.Sc., R.D. C.D.E., is a nationally recognized expert on the subjects of healthy eating and diabetes. She has authored The Restaurant Companion, 2nd Ed., The Healthy Eater's Guide to Family and Chain Restaurants, and The American Diabetes Association Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating as well as articles for Parade, Cooking Light, and Walking magazine. Her television appearances include Good Morning America, CNN, TV Food Network, and Lifetime Cable.