Synopses & Reviews
Delicious meals in minutes the whole family will enjoy
Eat right for diabetes and get dinner on the table fast with this photo-filled collection of easy, everyday meals from Diabetic Living—the only lifestyle magazine for individuals living with diabetes. These fast-fix recipes—low in fat, carb-smart, and made with nutrient-rich ingredients—make it easy to put healthy meals on the table every night of the week. Enjoy mouthwatering main dishes, such as Pesto Turkey Burgers, Mediterranean Tostadas, and Pork Chops Primavera. You'll find the most current information on the best foods to choose in an eating plan and lots of timesaving tips for making healthy meals in a snap.
- Includes 120 fresh and tasty recipes with a color photo of every recipe
- Every recipe for breakfast, sandwiches, soups and stews, entrees, salads, and sides is ready in 30 minutes or less
- Special slow-cooker and dessert chapters featuring recipes that require only 20 minutes or less of prep time
- Recipes highlight total grams of carbohydrate per serving and provide full nutrition information
- Clear serving-size icons make it easy to see the satisfying portion sizes
With Diabetic Living Quick & Easy Diabetic Meals, fast, fresh food is never far away!
A visual guide to meal planning using the Plate Method, a simple graphic thatand#160;divides the plate into three portions to showand#160;how to enjoy a full plate of food that is carb- and calorie-balanced. With 90 meals, each fully photographed showing the portion sizes for vegetables, protein, and starches (plus extras), eating healthy is easy:and#160;just fill your plate!
An easy, graphic guide to planning delicious, diabetes-friendly meals and#160; This innovative, graphic cookbook offers the easiest and most flavorful way to build complete meals that are diabetes-friendly and delicious. Sidestepping complex programs that turn meal-planning into work, the 90 complete meals in Diabetes Meals by the Plate follow the Plate Methodand#8212;a simple approach to eating the right foods in proper amounts by filling your plate with one half nonstarchy vegetables, one quarter protein, and one quarter starch. A clever photo style showing every meal in its three components makes it easy to enjoy perfectly portioned plates of Balsamic Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Garlic Toast, or Horseradish BBQ-Topped Mini Meat Loaves with Chopped Romaine Salad. All meals are 500 calories or less. Two and#8220;extrasand#8221; chapters help you add in simple sides and desserts.
Easy, comforting slow cooker recipes from the experts at Diabetic Living
Diabetic Living magazine is the most trusted source of information on nutrition and wellbeing for diabetics. In this new collection, the editors of the magazine present 150 flavorful, no-fuss recipes for the slow cooker. Every one of these recipes combines delicious flavors with healthy amounts of calories, carbs, and sodium.
These comforting meals cover almost any occasion, from party foods to pastas, and even hot sandwiches like a Classic French dip. Full nutrition information for each one makes sure you're getting the kind of nutrition you need, while an introductory section includes helpful advice and tips on getting the most out of your slow cooker.
- Features 150 recipes with a beautiful full-color photograph of each
- Includes chapters on main dishes; soups, stews, and chilies; party foods; desserts; and more
- Saves time and money with a special ???Cook Once, Eat Thrice??? chapter that lets you prepare something good you can use in three deliciously different meals
For simple, no-mess recipes that let you enjoy mouthwatering meals while managing your diabetes, look no further than this one-of-a-kind cookbook.
The essential cookbook and everyday guide on what to eat when you have diabetes
Diabetic Living® magazine's trustworthy resource for anyone living with diabetes gives over 200 recipes and essential advice on what to eat in order to control blood sugar, feel better, and enjoy delicious meals every day. Enjoy carb-smart recipes like Beef Fajitas, Panko-Crusted Chicken, Speedy Pizza Bites, and Layered Brownies.
In addition, you'll find the information every newly diagnosed individual needs to know to eat right—from how to shop for groceries and read food labels to counting carbs—all clearly explained in the magazine's friendly, approachable style. Features include:
- Chapters covering breakfast, salads, soups, sandwiches, main dishes and slow-cooker suppers, desserts, snacks, and drinks
- More than 200 beautiful full-color photographs
- A complete intro chapter on controlling blood sugar, counting carbs, navigating the grocery store, stocking your pantry, and more
- Full nutrition information and highlighted carb counts provided for every recipe
Diabetic Living magazine's trustworthy resource for anyone living with diabetes gives more than 200 recipes and essential advice on what to eat in order to control blood sugar, feel better, and enjoy delicious meals every day.
About the Author
Diabetic Livingandreg; is the No. 1 lifestyle magazine for people living with diabetes, written and reviewed by experts in diabetes management, as well as people living with diabetes. Visit DiabeticLivingOnline.com for more helpful tips and delicious recipes.
Table of Contents
6 Your diabetes eating plan.
10 Guide to our recipes.
12 Breakfast favorites.
40 Quick-fix sandwiches.
66 Hearty soups & stews.
94 Weeknight suppers.
134 Slow- cooked dinners.
166 Main-dish salads.
192 On the side.
210 Snacks in minutes.
224 Something sweet.
252 Metric information.