Synopses & Reviews
Let your slow cooker do the work and come home to a meal that's wholesome, nutritious, and delicious with this photo-filled collection of main dishes, appetizers, sides, and desserts from the experts at Diabetic Living
- 150 recipes and a beautiful full-color photo of every recipe.
- Chapters cover comforting main dishes; satisfying soups, stews, and chilies; party bites and sides perfect for group gatherings, and splurge-worthy desserts.
- A special Cook Once, Eat Thrice chapter lets your slow cooker lend a hand in multi-tasking: whip up a batch of of something spectacular and use it to prepare three deliciously different meals.
- Full nutritional information for each recipe, including carbohydrate choices highlighted for every recipe.
- An introduction offers advice on getting the most out of your slow cooker, including tips on how to prepare meat and vegetables, and other helpful guidelines.
- Enjoy recipes for every meal and occasion, from party foods (Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce or Party Potatoes with Creamy Aioli) to comforting dinners (Jamaican Jerk Chicken or Meatballs with Sweet Lemon Glaze), pasta dishes (Cajun-Style Pork and Shrimp Pasta or Cheesy Vegetable Alfredo) and sandwiches (Classic French Dips or Sausage Sandwiches with Roasted Veggies) - plus soups, stews, chowders, and chilies (Coconut-Chicken Curry Stew or Lentil Soup with Beef and Red Pepper). And don't forget desserts like Lemon-Berry Pudding Cake and Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries.
- Three kinds of tips featured throughout, including food prep, cooking, and clean-up advice to save time, usage information about ingredients and ideas for what to serve as a side to finish out the meal.
Easy, comforting slow cooker recipes from the experts at Diabetic Living
Diabetic Living magazine is the most trusted source of information on nutrition and wellbeing for diabetics. In this new collection, the editors of the magazine present 150 flavorful, no-fuss recipes for the slow cooker. Every one of these recipes combines delicious flavors with healthy amounts of calories, carbs, and sodium.
These comforting meals cover almost any occasion, from party foods to pastas, and even hot sandwiches like a Classic French dip. Full nutrition information for each one makes sure you're getting the kind of nutrition you need, while an introductory section includes helpful advice and tips on getting the most out of your slow cooker.
- Features 150 recipes with a beautiful full-color photograph of each
- Includes chapters on main dishes; soups, stews, and chilies; party foods; desserts; and more
- Saves time and money with a special ???Cook Once, Eat Thrice??? chapter that lets you prepare something good you can use in three deliciously different meals
For simple, no-mess recipes that let you enjoy mouthwatering meals while managing your diabetes, look no further than this one-of-a-kind cookbook.
Deliciously simple diabetes-friendly
slow cooker recipes!
Easy, delicious, and diabetes-friendly? You bet! Let your slow cooker do the work and enjoy comforting meals that are sure to please everyone at the table. More than 150 mouthwatering recipes include potluck-perfect appetizers, satisfying main dishes, sandwiches, soups and stews, sides, and splurge-worthy desserts, each with a beautiful full-color photograph and complete nutrition information. And every recipe combines fantastic flavor and wholesome ingredients with smart amounts of carbs, calories, and sodium, so they'll fit smoothly into your eating plan.
You'll also find
- Full nutritional information, with highlighted carb counts and dietary exchanges accompanying each recipe
- Special chapters on big-batch cooking, just-for-two dinners, and extra slow-simmered recipes for those long days away
- Helpful pointers on lightening up slow-cooked recipes
- Time-saving tricks, ingredient info, and side dish suggestions throughout
About the Author
Diabetic Living® is the No. 1 lifestyle magazine for people living with diabetes, written and reviewed by experts in diabetes management, as well as people living with diabetes. Visit DiabeticLivingOnline.com for more helpful tips and delicious recipes.