Synopses & Reviews
- An 816-page All-in-One guide designed for both beginning and experienced digital photographers, offering seven minibooks on everything from buying a camera and choosing the right equipment to editing with high-end tools and restoring photos digitally
- Includes chapters on basics such as point-and-shoot photography, with later chapters exploring editing, printing, and shooting portraits or high-speed action
- This new edition covers the latest technology changes in digital photography, including Photoshop 7, new low-priced SLR cameras, updated storage and output options with DVD technology, and how each of these changes affects photography techniques
- David Busch is the author of more than fifty technology books, most covering digital photography, image editing, and digital restoration
WHAT THE BOOK COVERS: "Digital Photography All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies, 2nd Edition covers all the bases a first-time or experienced digital photographer wants to know. The book includes chapters on the basics of buying a camera and doing basic point-and-shoot photography. Later chapters cover basic editing and printing. Readers with a bit more experience can go into chapters that cover situational photography like shooting portraits or high-speed action. UPDATED IN THIS EDITION: This second edition covers the latest technology changes in digital photography, including Photoshop 7, new low-priced SLR cameras, updated storage and output options with DVD technology, and how each of these changes affect photography technique.
8 books in 1 — your key to terrific digital photos!
Your one-stop, full-color guide to creating digital images with "wow"
From picking your camera to posting photos on the Web, here's what you need to know about digital photography in eight easy-to-use minibooks! Packed with full-color examples that will get your creative juices flowing, this guide helps you take better pictures; edit, organize, and share them; restore vintage prints; and more.
Discover how to
- Choose the right camera and software
- Compose and shoot great pictures
- Edit images with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
- Scan old prints and repair them
- Print your photos or share them online
7 books in 1 your key to digital photography success!
Your one-stop guide to becoming a digital photography whiz
Your digital darkroom awaits! Now in its second edition, this one-stop guide offers great tips and techniques for taking memorable digital pictures and getting the most from your equipment. Find out how to build your own digital photography studio, take vivid shots, add special effects, restore vintage photos, and much more.
Discover How To:
- Choose the right camera
- Use the latest software and printers
- Shoot portraits or action photos
- Brush away problems with Photoshop
- Scan and restore old pictures
- Produce vibrant prints
About the Author
David D. Busch has more than 20 years of experience as a professional photographer. He's also the author of more than 55 books, including Digital Photography For Dummies Quick Reference, 2nd Edition.
Table of Contents
Book I: Digital Photography Overview.
Chapter 1: The Essentials of Good Digital Photography.
Chapter 2: Basics of Equipment.
Chapter 3: Acquiring Your Digital Pictures.
Chapter 4: Electronically Editing or Restoring a Photo.
Chapter 5: Storing and Organizing Your Digital Photos.
Chapter 6: Printing and Sharing Your Pictures.
Book II: Building Your Digital Photography Studio.
Chapter 1: Choosing the Right Camera.
Chapter 2: Setting Up a Computer for Digital Photography.
Chapter 3: Getting Your Picture from the Camera to the Digital Darkroom.
Chapter 4: Adding a Printer and Scanner.
Chapter 5: Picking Up Some Accessories.
Book III: Taking Great Pictures.
Chapter 1: Tools and Techniques of Composition.
Chapter 2: Close-Up Photography.
Chapter 3: Photographing People.
Chapter 4: Shooting for Publication.
Chapter 6: Travel Photography.
Book IV: Basics of Image Editing.
Chapter 1: What You Can and Can’t Do with Image Editing Tools.
Chapter 2: Common Editing Options.
Chapter 3: Choosing the Right Image Editor for You.
Book V: Editing with Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.
Chapter 1: Latest Features of Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Photoshop CS.
Chapter 2: Making Selections.
Chapter 3: Brushing Away Problems with Digital Photos.
Chapter 4: Restoring Images.
Chapter 5: Correcting Faded, Funny, and Funky Colors.
Chapter 6: Restoring and Enhancing Photos with Filters and Special Effects.
Book VI: Restoring Old Photos.
Chapter 1: Scanning Print Images.
Chapter 2: Restoring Images Captured from Slides, Negatives, and Other Formats.
Chapter 3: Some Common Fixes for Vintage Photos.
Book VII: Printing and Sharing Your Digital Images.
Chapter 1: Printing Your Final Result.
Chapter 2: Sharing Pictures on the Web.