Synopses & Reviews
From the creators of the #1 New York Times
comes a nose-to-tail guide for predicting a dog's longevity, with an Age Reduction program that can give pups a healthier, happier, longer life.
RealAge, Inc., has created numerous successful programs to study and educate men and women about health conditions, disease prevention, and how to slow the aging process. Now they've teamed up with emergency-care veterinarian Dondi Dahlgaard, DVM, to customize their highly popular approach for their 700,000 members who own dogs. Drawn from cutting-edge research, DogAge offers:
- The DogAge Test, an extensive questionnaire that calculates a dog's true age based on factors such as nutrition, exercise, behavior, and more
- A tailored care guide based on the test's findings
- Information on dog anatomy and body type, with tips for performing a home examination on your pooch
- The basics of training, exercise, and grooming
- How to "dog-proof" a home for optimal pet safety
- What you should ask your vet about heartworm prevention, injuries, spaying, and other surgeries
- How to care for an aging dog
Multiplying a dog's age by seven is a haphazard way of assessing longevity prospects; DogAge
at last brings sound scientific research to the quest for whole-life canine care.
"Shawn Messonnier's 8 Weeks to a Healthy Dog offers similar wellness advice, but this book stands apart owing to its DogAge questionnaire and its emphasis on safety." Library Journal
Readers can take a test to determine the real age of their dog. This nose-to-tail guide, based on the latest scientific studies of dog health and longevity, will give dog owners easy-to-follow information to improve their dog's health and quality of life.
About the Author
Dondi S. Dahlgaard, DVM, is an emergency-care veterinarian at SouthPaws Veterinary Referral Center in Washington, D.C.
RealAge, Inc., is a leading media company for consumer healthcare information whose previous book projects include the bestseller RealAge: Are You as Young as You Can Be?