Synopses & Reviews
Create a presence for your business, club, or family on the Web!
You can do it! Put your business online, start selling products through your Web site, or help plan your next college or family reunion ? this book shows you how it's easier than ever to get online.
Combining step-by-step instructions with customizable templates, you can create popular Web designs quickly, even if you've never set up a site before. If you're looking for an easy way to update an old site, you'll find everything you need to create a great new design.
Choose the template you like best, easily downloaded from the book's companion Web site. Then discover how to use Dreamweaver's template features to create new pages and make changes to many pages at once. Add your text, images, and even video, advertising, and e-commerce. It's all up to you, because you can do it yourself!
Open the book and find:
- What to ask when choosing a Web hosting service
- Design tips for creating graphics in the best Web formats
- Instructions for creating Web pages in Dreamweaver®
- Great ways to add video with YouTube® and e-commerce with Google Checkout
- How to promote your site with social media, WordPress® blogs, and podcasts
- Secure a domain name and plan the perfect site from start to finish
- Customize the templates included with the book to create professional-looking Web sites
- Design a blog, add video and Flash®, and do it all yourself!
Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies walks users through the steps necessary to create their first Web site. The outline includes: Part I: Laying the Groundwork - covers planning the perfect site, securing a domain name and web host, designing your web site, and understanding how web pages work. Part II: Putting the Pages Together - covers editing and creating web graphics, getting started with Dreamweaver, creating, designing, and customizing different web site types for different purposes, and testing and publishing your site. Part III: Going Web 2.0 - covers designing a blog, podcasting your own show, adding Flash, audio, and video, and making money with your web site. Part IV: The Part of Tens - covers ten cool services for your site and ten ways to promote your site. Updated coverage: thoroughly revised to cover the latest concepts, tools, and trends in the industry. This includes coverage of the newest version of Dreamweaver, Photoshop Elements, Flash, WordPress, and more.
A step-by-step guide to creating your first Web site
Everybody's building cool web sites, but how? Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, 2nd Edition, shows you how, with simple, step-by-step instruction that will build your confidence as you build your site.
You'll learn to plan your site and secure a domain name, how to use Dreamweaver for site construction, and how to test and publish your site. You'll also learn about designing a blog, creating a podcast, adding Flash, and even how to make money with your Web site. Dummies makes it easy and fun!
- Perfect for those who've never attempted a Web site before, including small-business owners, the family historian, amateur genealogists, and travel buffs
- Explains using Web site creation tools including Dreamweaver, Photoshop Elements, Flash, and WordPress
- Shows how Web pages work, how to plan and design your site, and what to look for in Web hosting services
- Covers editing and creating Web graphics and text, how to customize a site for different purposes, testing, and publishing your site
- Provides information on blogs, podcasts, adding Flash, and making money from your site
Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to create a Web site you'll be proud of.
About the Author
Janine Warner is a best-selling author whose books and videos on Web design have won her an international following and earned her speaking and consulting engagements around the world. She runs a Web design and consulting firm and offers tutorials, books, and training videos at www.DigitalFamily.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: Laying the Groundwork.
Chapter 1: Exploring the Best Ways to Create Web Sites.
Chapter 2: Planning Makes Web Design Easier.
Chapter 3: Securing a Domain Name and Web Host.
Chapter 4: Understanding Web Design.
Part II: Putting the Pages Together.
Chapter 5: Editing and Creating Web Graphics.
Chapter 6: Getting Started with Dreamweaver.
Chapter 7: Creating a Profi le or Portfolio Site.
Chapter 8: Creating a Business Web Site.
Chapter 9: Creating a Family, Vacation, or Hobby Site.
Chapter 10: Testing and Publishing a Web Site.
Part III: Going Web 2.0.
Chapter 11: Designing a Blog.
Chapter 12: Podcasting Your Own Show.
Chapter 13: Multimedia: Adding Flash, Audio, and Video.
Chapter 14: Making Money with Your Site.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 15: Ten Cool Services for Your Site.
Chapter 16: Ten Ways to Promote Your Site.