Synopses & Reviews
Everything you need to create an interactive website designed with the latest features
It's time to put your creativity to the test and dive into the deep end of web design. With this guide by your side, you'll discover just how easy it is to build cool websites that take advantage of the latest technologies. As you quickly learn to use the most important features of Dreamweaver CS6, you'll create interactive pages that really stand out.
Jumping right in — learn the basic concepts of web design, determine how you want to build your website, and start putting it together in Dreamweaver
Saying it with style — find out how to work with Cascading Style Sheets to format your web pages for a consistent look
Spicing it up — discover how to enhance your site by adding interactive images, audio, video, and drop-down menus
Getting seen — from registering your domain name and hosting your site to promoting it and optimizing pages for search engines, get the tools to ensure success
Open the book and find:
Tips for getting the most out of Dreamweaver's testing and publishing features
How to transform your site using CSS3
Techniques for creating and applying styles
Secrets for adding the hottest new design options
Ways to boost your site with AJAX interactivity
Steps for integrating multimedia on your pages
How to build forms, surveys, and much more
Design an interactive website with a great user experience
Use CSS3 to transform your designs with drop shadows, rounded corners, and almost any font
Create a site that looks great in all the major web browsers
IN FULL COLOR!
- What the book covers: Dreamweaver basics including customizing your workspace, setting up your site and creating new pages, working with text, graphics, and links, managing, testing, and publishing a site, introducing CSS 3, coordinating your design work, creating and editing CSS styles, saving time with Dreamweaver templates, creating HTML tables, adding interactivity with behaviors, showing off with multimedia, making HTML forms, creating AJAX features with Spry, building a dynamic website, connecting your site to a data source, managing websites with InContext and Business Catalyst, and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for twenty years.
Start creating websites that wow with Dreamweaver CS6!
Powerful yet easy to master, Dreamweaver is the dominant professional web development tool. Web design expert Janine Warner has updated her bestselling Dreamweaver For Dummies guide for Dreamweaver CS6 and walks you through the essential steps to building the website you’ve always wanted. Both beginning and intermediate web developers will get the information they need from this easy-to-follow reference to Dreamweaver CS6.
- Dreamweaver is the gold standard for website development software; this book covers what both beginners and intermediate-level users need to know to develop sites for online commerce, education, customer service, and other uses
- Covers the basics, including customizing your workspace, setting up your site, creating pages, and publishing your site to the web
- Explains how to work with text, graphics, and links; manage and test your site; add audio, video, and Flash files; build dynamic sites; connect to a database; and more
- This new edition introduces CSS3 and shows how to create and edit CSS styles, save time with Dreamweaver templates, create HTML tables, add interactivity with behaviors, and show off with multimedia
- Delves into making HTML forms, creating AJAX features with Spry, and managing websites with InContext and Business Catalyst
Web developers will find just what they need to channel their creative energy into effective, eye-catching websites with Dreamweaver CS6 For Dummies.
About the Author
Janine Warner has written more than a dozen books, including iPhone & iPad Web Design For Dummies. A popular speaker, she's known as a "techy translator" who can make even the most complex concepts accessible. She's also the host of several training videos on web design, Dreamweaver, and CSS. Learn more about her books, videos, and free tutorials at DigitalFamily.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: Creating Great Websites 7
Chapter 1: The Many Ways to Design a Web Page 9
Chapter 2: Opening and Creating Sites 35
Chapter 3: Creating Web Graphics 65
Chapter 4: Managing, Testing, and Publishing a Website 91
Part II: Creating Page Designs with Style 125
Chapter 5: Introducing Cascading Style Sheets 127
Chapter 6: Creating and Editing CSS Styles 161
Chapter 7: Designing with CSS3 205
Chapter 8: Saving Time with Templates and More 219
Chapter 9: Coming to the HTML Table 245
Part III: Making Your Site Cool with Advanced Features 263
Chapter 10: Adding Interactivity with Behaviors 265
Chapter 11: Creating AJAX Features with Spry 287
Chapter 12: Showing Off with Multimedia 303
Chapter 13: Forms Follow Function 329
Part IV: The Part of Tens 353
Chapter 14: Ten Resources You May Need 355
Chapter 15: Ten Ways to Promote Your Site 361