Synopses & Reviews
Résumés are more important than ever in finding a job in today's highly competitive job market. In the eyes of employers, you essentially are what you write; they want to see you on paper before they meet you in person. How you present yourself on paper largely determines whether or not you'll be invited to a job interview.
The third edition of this bestselling résumé guide is unlike any other. Written by two of America's leading career experts, it shows how to write dynamite résumés the ones that quickly lead to job interviews and offers. Focusing on 64 key principles, the book shows you:
- How to transform an ordinary résumé that immediately grabs the attention of employers.
- What common writing, production, and distribution mistakes you should always avoid.
- Why and how you should always include an objective on a résumé.
- How to design a unique employer-centered résumé.
- How to generate information on your interests, skills, abilities, experience, and education, including worksheets for each résumé section.
- How to best distribute your résumé to potential employers.
- Which follow-up methods work best.
"Highly recommended. Tells how to create and market effective résumés for maximum impact." Midwest Library Review
Outlines key resume writing and distribution principles and includes winning examples.