Synopses & Reviews
- Award-winning architectural series for students and professionals
- Each volume focuses on a single celebrated building
- Series covers a wide range of periods and building types from houses to public buildings and from the majesty of St Paul's Cathedral to the intimacy of contemporary homes in California
- Each building has been selected for its exceptional character, innovative design or technical virtuosity
- Each volume contains a detailed introductory essay and over 100 photographs and line drawings
- Includes specially commissioned photography, technical drawings and working details
Charles Eames, who always worked with his wife and partner Ray, was the most innovative and broad-based of American designers. The Eames House was one of his few experiments with architecture. Highly successful, it is a highly significant building of the post-war era.