Synopses & Reviews
Oprah called it "a great guide that everyone should get."
Dr. Oz says it will "carve a path to a healthier, leaner, happier you."
And Ellen says: "Eat This, Not That is going to freak the weight right off of you!"
But you dont have to take their word for it. With Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America! - by David Zinczenko with Matt Goulding - you can become yet another success story, and drop 10, 20, 30 pounds or more while still eating your favorite foods—and never, ever going on a diet!
With this revolutionary book youll discover:
- How choosing one fast-food milk shake over another can save you nearly 2,000 calories! (The difference is an entire days worth of calories! Make that swap just once a month and youll save 7 pounds of fat in just one year!)
- 25 "healthy" foods that arent. (Learn about the supposedly "healthy" foods that are secretly packing your body with excess calories, fat, sugar and sodium—and what you should eat instead to lose weight effortlessly!)
- 20 foods your cardiologist wouldnt eat. (Place smart orders at the window to avoid packing on pounds!)
- 16 secrets the restaurant industry doesnt want you to know! (Read this list before your next supermarket trip—your health depends on it!)
- The 20 unhealthiest drinks in America. (So you can sip what you want, skip the diet, and still lose lots of weight this year!)
- The best and worst sex foods! (Because changing what you eat can boost your sexual health—and your performance in bed!)
- The best and worst restaurants in America! (How healthy is your favorite eatery? Consult our exclusive Restaurant Report Card and find out!)
This exclusive hardcover book in the runaway bestselling series lists thousands of the fastest and easiest ways to cut calories and quickly lose 10, 20, 30 pounds or more while still eating all the foods you love. Eat This, Not That: The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America! reveals how to eat right every time—no matter where you are.
Did you know that choosing one fast-food milk shake over another can save you 2,000 calories? That's right. The difference is an entire day's worth of calories. Make a swap once a week and you'll save nearly 30 pounds in one year. And that's just the start... EAT THIS, NOT THAT THE BEST (& WORST ) FOODS IN AMERICA lists thousands of the fastest and easiest ways to cut calories quickly while still eating all the foods you love. All you need is a smart insider's guide. And now, the right choices are simple You'll discover: * The best and worst drive-thru foods. (Place smart orders at the window to avoid packing on pounds )* 15 healthy foods that aren't. (Learn about the supposedly healthy foods that are secretly packing your body with excess calories, fat, sugar, and sodium- and what you should eat instead to lose weight effortlessly )* 14 foods your cardiologist wouldn't eat (These restaurant meals are so salty that you should throw them over your shoulder for good luck instead. If you care about heart health, blood pressure, and avoiding a stroke, don't let them pass your lips ) Arm yourself with the ultimate weapon in winning the war on fat Learn how you can make simple and smart eating changes today that will reshape your body and your life in as little as 7 days
Did you know that choosing one fast-food milk shake over another can save you 2,000 calories? That's right. The difference is an entire day's worth of calories. Make a swap like that once a week and you'll save nearly 30 pounds in one year. And that's just the beginning. Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America!
is the culmination of years of dedicated food-industry coverage. Its also the most comprehensive list of the countrys most dangerous food items – the burgers, salads, pizzas, and beers that can single handedly sabotage an otherwise healthy diet. Do you know which popular restaurant is selling a cocktail with nearly 900 calories? How about the cafe that sells a doughnut with more sugar than two candy bars? Read this book and youll discover the food industrys biggest secrets, and youll never approach a restaurant menu the same way again. Within the pages of this book youll find chapters dedicated to Americas best and worst breakfasts, burgers, pizzas, and supermarket foods, as well as best and worst foods for fighting sickness, battling high blood pressure and cholesterol, and keeping blood sugar in check. But as with the other installments of Eat This, Not That!,
youll also find a cache of life-changing guides, helping you to: · Understand the additives in the foods you eat. (Just what is MSG, and how dangerous is it, really?)
· Identify the “healthy” foods that are secretly packing your body with excess calories, fat, sugar, and sodium (At one restaurant, youre better off eating the ribs than the turkey burger!)
· Navigate the malls food court. (Save 55 grams of fat by eating an Auntie Annes pretzel!)
· Score big in the drive-thru (Cut a thousand calories from your Hardees Thickburger!)
About the Author
DAVID ZINCZENKO is the editor-in-chief of Men's Health and editorial director of Women's Health. He is a regular contributor to the Today Show and has appeared on Oprah, 20/20, and Primetime Live. MATT GOULDING is the food and nutrition editor of Men's Health. He has cooked and eaten his way around the world and now lives in Pennsylvania.