Synopses & Reviews
Thinking about buying or selling items on eBay? Whether you want to use eBay to make smart bids and win auctions or turn household clutter into cash, eBay for Dummies, Fifth Edition
is your passport to the most successful trading community on the planet. Beginning with an overview of what eBay is and how to become a registered user, eBay for Dummies
helps you discover how you can:
- Search for items to buy and list items to sell on eBay
- Place a bid—and determine how much you should spend
- Use pictures and basic HTML to make your eBay listings more appealing
- Communicate well and close deals without a problem
- Identify auction terms (reserve price, starting bid, Buy It Now, etc.)
- Organize your transactions and interactions using the My eBay page
- Resolve buying and selling issues with eBay’s Trust & Safety program
- And much more!
Registering at eBay makes you part of a really unique community of people who like to collect, buy, and sell items of just about every kind! So if you’re ready to join the millions of people who use their home computers to make great deals, buy cool stuff, and turn a profit, eBay for Dummiesdoes all the legwork so you can sit back and let the bidding begin!
eBay is the world's #1 online shopping destination and can be a bit intimidating for first-time users. Thankfully, though, the latest edition of eBay For Dummies addresses all the issues a first-time or inexperienced eBay user will confront. Readers will be up to date in no time on the latest changes in the eBay interface, fee structure, and methods for buying and selling. Readers will quickly be on the path that makes bidding, buying, and selling the fun it should be!
A Reference for the Rest of Us!
- Author Marsha Collier is a recognized eBay expert, thanks to her bestselling books, appearances as an instructor at eBay University events, and appearances on NBC's Today Show, ABC's The View, and numerous print and radio interviews
- Topics include: getting a user name, making first bids, completing transactions, selling items, and what to do if anything goes wrong
- An ideal resource for everyone from corporate customers to mom & pop retailers, as well as individuals who are cleaning out their closets and garages
'eBay for Dummies' addresses all the issues a first-time or inexperienced eBay user will confront. Readers will be up to date in no time on the latest changes in the eBay interface, fee structure, and methods for buying and selling.
Buy low, sell high, and join the eBay community
Economy shopper or entrepreneur — discover the secrets to eBay success!
The bucks start here! Whether you're saving them or earning them, eBay's the place, and Marsha Collier is the person to show you how. Get great safe-shopping secrets, find out how to sell what people are buying, ship stuff the right way, bag auction bargains, deal with problem transactions like a pro, and more.
Discover how to
- Bid to win your first auction
- Unearth unmatched bargains
- Earn positive feedback points
- Turn your junk into cash as an eBay seller
- Enhance listings with photos
Turn clutter into cash, find great deals, and shop safely
Win auctions, sell with confidence, and share the secrets of the eBay elite
Where else can you shop in your jammies, never have to hunt for a parking space, and find someone eager to pay you for that ridiculous-looking lamp? With Marsha Collier at your elbow, the virtual marketplace is your playground! From opening your first eBay account to buying or selling real estate, shes got you covered.
The Dummies Way
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
- Participate in different types of auctions
- Develop bidding strategies that win
- Take digital photos that sell items
- Conduct searches for items, bidders, and sellers
- Join in the eBay community
About the Author
Marsha Collier is also the author of eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies. She is an instructor of eBay University classes, and has appeared on NBCs Today Show and ABCs The View.
Table of Contents
Part I: Forget the Mall: Getting a Feel for eBay.
Chapter 1: Why eBay Is a Terrific Place to Buy and Sell.
Chapter 2: The Bucks Start Here: Signing Up at eBay.
Chapter 3: There’s No Place Like the Home Page.
Chapter 4: My Own Private eBay.
Part II: Are You Buying What They’re Selling?
Chapter 5: Seek and You Shall Find: Research.
Chapter 6: Shopping eBay: The Basics.
Chapter 7: Power-Bidding Strategies.
Chapter 8: After You Win the Auction.
Part III: Are You Selling What They’re Buying?
Chapter 9: Selling in Your Fuzzy Slippers for Fun and Profit.
Chapter 10: Time to Sell: Completing the Cyber Paperwork.
Chapter 11: Forget the Car — Drive Your Mouse to an eBay Store.
Chapter 12: Closing the Deal and Shipping It Out.
Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Your Auction.
Chapter 14: Using Pictures and Strategies to Increase Your Profits.
Part IV: Oy Vay, More eBay! Special Features.
Chapter 15: Privacy: To Protect and Serve.
Chapter 16: eBay’s Rules & Safety Program.
Chapter 17: The eBay Community: Playing Nice with Other eBay Members.
Chapter 18: Fun Stuff and Features.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten (Or So) Golden Rules for eBay Buyers and Sellers.
Chapter 20: Ten (Or So) Programs and Services to Ease Your Way on eBay.
Appendix A: Answers for the Fanatic: Finding More Stuff to Sell.
Appendix B: Ramping Up Your eBay Business.