Synopses & Reviews
Software Engineering/Software Testing
All the proven testing strategies, tools, and techniques you need to guarantee that your applications do exactly what they're supposed to do!
When it comes to software performance, your customers hate surprises. And the best way to ensure that your systems don't give them any is by implementing a rigorous, fully integrated testing regime that encompasses every phase of the software development life cycle—from design to installation, and beyond. Now, in Effective Methods for Software Testing, internationally recognized software testing expert William Perry provides you with everything you need to do just that, including:
- Tests for all types of software systems, including Client/Server and LANs
- Clear, step-by-step guidelines on how to establish a test approach and overall testing plan
- Proven methodologies for conducting tests quickly and efficiently
- 15 testing techniques covering all phases of the development life cycle
- 42 testing tools and 30 metrics
- Detailed instructions on how to seamlessly integrate the tools and techniques into the development life cycle
- Techniques for evaluating test effectiveness
- Dozens of worksheets and checklists for use during every step of the testing process
Short on theory and long on nuts-and-bolts information and guidance, Effective Methods for Software Testing arms you with what you need to guarantee that your customers get what they deserve—the most usable, bug-free software possible.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 533-534) and index.
About the Author
WILLIAM PERRY is Founder and Executive Director of the Quality Assurance Institute. He is the author of several other books on software testing and software quality assurance, including Structured Approach to Systems Testing, Second Edition and Quality Assurance for Information Systems.
Table of Contents
Partial table of contents:
DEVELOPING A TESTING APPROACH.
Addressing the Software System Business Risk.
Developing Software System Testing Strategy.
TESTING SOFTWARE USING A LIFE CYCLE METHODOLOGY.
Life Cycle Testing Approach.
Requirements Phase Testing.
Design Phase Testing.
Program Phase Testing.
TESTING CHANGES TO SOFTWARE SYSTEMS (SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE).
Testing the Correctness of Installing a Software Change.
TESTING METHODS, TOOLS, AND TECHNIQUES.
Inspecting Test Plans and Test Cases.
EVALUATING AND REPORTING TEST RESULTS.
Reporting Test Results.
Evaluating Test Effectiveness.