Synopses & Reviews
Emily Post's Classic, Indispensable, and Comprehensive Guide to Your Wedding
Now Completely Updated and Expanded in a New Edition
Today's weddings are a beautiful blend of traditions, reflecting what matters most to each couple. They are also more complicated than ever, with new customs replacing the old, new technologies to help plan and communicate, and new relationships to consider as families grow more complex. But while weddings evolve, one thing has remained constant: A wedding is one of the most special days in a person's life. Surrounded by friends and family, it is a day for everyone to celebrate.
The Emily Post Institute has been answering etiquette questions for more than ninety years, and Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette, 6th Edition, written by Emily Post's great-great-granddaughters, Anna Post and Lizzie Post, will provide you with everything you need to know from past traditions to modern updates so you can approach your wedding with grace and ease. After all, etiquette is about treating people with consideration, respect, and honesty—attitudes that will help you to set the tone for the perfect day.
This updated and expanded sixth edition includes every detail a couple needs to navigate the planning process, reduce stress, and maximize fun on their extraordinary day. With illustrations throughout, the sixth edition is packed with inspiration, advice, and etiquette, covering everything from:
- How to word invitations and address envelopes
- The time line of events throughout the engagement and wedding day
- Who to include on your guest list
- Smart and thoughtful ways to integrate the latest technology
- How to handle divorced parents and awkward family situations
- Who should throw the bridal shower
- The do's and don'ts of gifts and thank yous
- How to schedule photography on the wedding day
- Inspiration for blending family traditions and including elements that reflect you as a couple
With shorter, more accessible chapters, this edition also includes vital information for the groom, mother of the groom, mother and father of the bride, and every member of the wedding party.
Unmatched as a trusted resource, Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette, 6th Edition, is the go-to practical guide for the big event. From the "yes" of the proposal to the day of "I do," Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette will help you plan a wedding that is uniquely yours every step of the way.
Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette
is the classic indispensable, comprehensive guide to creating the wedding of your dream, now in its sixth edition.
Today's weddings are more complicated than ever, with new traditions replacing old, and new relationships to consider as family life grows more complex. Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette has everything a bride will ever need to know to have the perfect wedding.
Anna Post guides brides and their friends and family through weddings to maximize fun and reduce stress, including:
- How to handle awkward family situations
- How to address envelopes and word invitations
- How to choose an officiant
- How to blend family traditions
- The timeline of events throughout the engagement and during the wedding
- Who to include on your guest list
- How to use technology to your advantage
About the Author
Anna Post is the great-great-granddaughter of Emily Post, the coauthor of Great Get-Togethers
, and the author of Do I Have to Wear White?
and Emily Posts Wedding Parties
. Anna contributes regularly to Reuters and DailyWorth.com, and is a columnist for Inside Weddings
magazine. She also conducts business seminars for major corporations.
Lizzie Post, great-great-granddaughter of Emily Post, is the coauthor of Great Get-Togethers, and author of How Do You Work This Life Thing? Lizzie is the Institutes graphic designer. She also produces the Institutes videos and e-learning programs.