Synopses & Reviews
Encyclopedia of the Alkaline Earth Compounds
is a compilation describing the physical and chemical properties of all of the alkaline earth compounds that have been elucidated to date in the scientific literature. These compounds are used in applications such as LEDs and electronic devices such as smart phones and tablet computers. Preparation methods for each compound are presented to show which techniques have been successful. Structures and phase diagrams are presented where applicable to aid in understanding the complexities of the topics discussed.
With concise descriptions presenting the chemical, physical and electrical properties of any given compound, this subject matter will serve as an introduction to the field. This compendium is vital for students and scientific researchers in all fields of scientific endeavors, including non-chemists.
- Presents a systematic coverage of all known alkaline earth inorganic compounds and their properties
- Provides a clear consistent presentation based on groups and facilitates easy comparisons with each other
- Includes the structure of all the compounds in high quality full colour graphics
- Summarizes all currently known properties of the transition metals compounds
- Lists the uses and applications of these compounds in electronics, energy and catalysis
Table of Contents
Preface Ch 1: The Alkaline earth Metals CH2:Group 17 (H, F, Cl, Br, I) compounds of Alkaline earths CH 3: Group 16 (O, S, Se, Te) alkaline earth Compounds CH 4: Group 15 (N, P As, Sb, Bi)