Synopses & Reviews
has been called the "Gray's Anatomy of the subtle body." It weaves together the author's fascinating story, the invisible world of the energies which she works, pertinent research, cross cultural understanding, spell-binding case histories, and most important a systematic and comprehensive program for self-healing and for "keeping your energies humming."
In this 10th Anniversary Edition of her classic guide to Energy Medicine, Donna Eden shows readers how to work with the body's energy systems to:
- Boost vitality and stamina
- Strengthen the immune system
- Relieve pain and common complaints such as colds and tension headaches
- Sharpen mind and memory
- Enhance overall health with an invigorating Daily Energy Routine
Featuring extensive updates and revisions drawn from Donna Eden's work with thousands of patients and students over the past decade, this revised edition includes a new introduction by the author and a new section on energy techniques to protect and heal the body when surgery, chemotherapy, or other invasive medical procedures are necessary.
The new edition includes key insights such as:
- Rapidly identifying your energy imbalances
- Using Energy Medicine with other medical treatments
- Preparation and recovery from an operation
- Alleviating side effects of medications or radiation or chemotherapy
- Updated easy to follow exercises for clearing the bodies energies
- Diagrams mapping Energy Medicine with Chinese acupressure points
- Working with the "electrics" energy system, which ties other energy systems together
A few of the most common conditions addressed by the book. How to:
- Release Built-Up Stress
- Relieve Arthritic Pain
- Nip an Illness in the Bud
- Relieve Pain in Your Hands, Wrists, or Elbows
- Loosen Up When You Are Feeling Stif
- Eat Smarter
- Overcome Nervousness
- Rid Yourself of a Chronic Headache
- Relieve Low Back Pain
- Rid Yourself of an Allergy Headache
- Feel Joyful More of the Time
- Relieve a Cramped Muscle
- Release Neck and Shoulder Tension
- Keep Your Memory Sharp
"Eden delivers an excellent, comprehensive guide to a unique combination of ancient Eastern and modern Western health-care techniques."
"Even the most hard-nosed doctor will admit that some people have a healing presence that makes us--and our immune systems--better than before. Donna Eden is one of those rare healers."
"It's time for minds to open and bodies to heal. Read, listen and explore your intimate ghealing abilities."
--Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine and Miracles
"Donna Eden is one of the most joyous and effective pioneers in the rapidly expanding and vitally important frontier called energy medicine. This book, the classic in hands-on energy medicine, is an enormously practical guide that sings with compassion, integrity, and wisdom."
"Donan Eden's body-energy work is perhaps the most brilliant, comprehensive and effective system in the genre that I have ever seen."
--Jean Houston, The Possible Dream
About the Author
has taught thousands of self-empowering alternative health workshops around the world. Her bestseller with David Feinstein, Energy Medicine
, has been translated into a dozen languages; her book Energy Medicine for Women
, also co-authored with David Feinstein, is another classic in the field. She lives in San Diego.
Dondi Dahlin, Donna Eden's youngest daughter, was raised with energy medicine as a part of her everyday life. An actress and professional dancer who has performed in more than twenty countries, she lives in San Diego.