Synopses & Reviews
English in Action
is a four-level core language series for secondary and adult students. Students master listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar through a variety of lively, classroom-tested, easy-to-use activities.
- Dictionary colorful pictures introduce vocabulary in a picture dictionary format.
- Active Grammar structured exercises and charts present and practice necessary grammar in context.
- Pronunciation sound discrimination and production activities complement extnesive listening opportunities.
- Working Together group work, pairwork, and cooperative tasks help students explore the language.
- The Big Picture large pictures based on interesting stories integrate listening, vocabulary, and structure.
- Reading readings from interviews of real people in real communities expand student literacy.
- Writing Our Stories authentic models give students an opportunity to write about themselves.
- Practicing on Your Own homework exercises provide reinforcement in class or at home.
- Looking At... forms, numbers, charts, and a variety of realia provide a closer look at interesting topics
This is the first volume in the series.
English in Action is a four-level core language series for secondary and adult students that engages learners as workers, family members, and citizens. Students master listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar through a variety of lively, classroom-tested, easy-to-use activities.
Table of Contents
1. Hello 2. The Classroom 3. The Family 4. Moving Day 5. I'm Busy 6. My City 7. Downtown 8. Money 9. Working at the Mall 10. Clothing and Weather 11. Food 12. Finding an Apartment 13. Applying for a Job 14. A Visit to the Doctor 15. School Audio Script. Skills Index. Map of the United States.