Synopses & Reviews
If you want to build your organizations next web application with HTML5, this practical book will help you sort through the various frameworks, libraries, and development options that populate this stack. Youll learn several of these approaches hands-on by writing multiple versions of a sample web app throughout the book, so you can determine the right strategy for your enterprise.
- Rebuild the sample app, first with jQuery and then Ext JS
- Work with different build tools, code generators, and package managers
- Build a modularized version of the app with RequireJS
- Apply test-driven development with the Jasmine framework
- Use WebSocket to build an online auction for the app
- Adapt the app for both PCs and mobile with responsive web design
- Create mobile versions with jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch, and PhoneGap
- Discover how WebSockets is much more efficient than HTTP for data exchange
- Learn options for moving your application to the mobile space
- Get code samples from GitHub, and view the sample application on the Web
About the Author
Yakov Fain is a Managing Director at Farata Systems, a company provides consulting and training services. He authored several books on Java and Flex and dozens of articles on software development. Sun Microsystems has nominated and awarded Mr. Fain with the title of Java Champion, which was presented to only a hundred people in the world. Yakov is Certified Adobe Flex Instructor. He holds MS in Applied Math. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Dr. Victor Rasputnis is a Managing Principal of Farata Systems. He's responsible for Farata consulting and mentoring practice, providing architectural design to companies implementing RIA with Adobe Flex, Air and Livecycle technologies. He holds a PhD in Computer Science from the Moscow Institute of Robotics. Victor is Certified Adobe Flex Instructor. Victor lives in New York with his wife Aziza and his daughter Alice. He likes playing tennis and skiing with his friends. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anatole Tartakovsky is a technology consultant, emerging technologies enthusiast and problem solver. He is a Managing Principal of Farata Systems and is responsible for creation of frameworks and reusable components. Prior Anatole played roles as Technology Consultant, Project Manager, CTO, and Mentor for various enterprises. Anatole authored number of books and articles on Flex, AJAX, XML, and client-server technologies. His education includes MS in mathematics and post graduate work in Expert Systems. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Viktor Gamov is a senior software engineer at Farata Systems. He consults financial institutions and startups in design and implementation of Web Applications with HTML5, Flex and Java. Viktor is passionate about writing the code, open source community and JVM ecosystem. He holds MS in Computer Science. Viktor is a co-organizer of the Princeton JUG and NJ Flex meetup http://www.meetup.com/NJFlex. He tweets at @gamussa. You can reach him on email firstname.lastname@example.org.