Synopses & Reviews
An A-to-Z guide to making it in your own specialty coffee business!
Expert tips, tricks, and a gold mine of crucial how-to information you just can't find anywhere else--learn how to:
* Get started in business for as little as $15,000
* Secure the optimum location
* Get the financing that best suits your goals
* Buy, use, and maintain equipment
* Find and deal with suppliers
* Market your espresso business with little or no capital
* Brew delicious, high-quality coffee drinks that keep customers coming back for more
* Hire and manage personnel
* And much more
Espresso! also arms you with sample business forms, leases, and contracts; worksheets and checklists for planning, opening, and running day-to-day operations; sample menus; coffee drink recipes; inventory lists; plans and layouts; and dozens of other valuable, time-saving tools of the trade that no espresso entrepreneur should be without.
About the Author
JOE MONAGHAN is National Sales Manager for Espresso Specialists, Inc. He has also operated several espresso carts in Seattle, Washington.
JULIE SHELDON HUFFAKER is a freelance writer specializing in coffee-industry subjects. Her background includes working with Starbuck's Coffee Company on public relations and retail training.
Table of Contents
Choosing the Right Espresso Opportunity.
Getting Down to Business.
Location, Location, Location.
Permits and Licensing.
Financing Your Espresso Venture.
Selecting Your Suppliers.
Buying the Right Equipment.
Choosing Your Coffee.
Accessories and Renewable Supplies.
Determining Your Espresso Menu.
Investing in Personnel.
Ensuring Espresso Drink Quality.
Marketing Your Espresso Operation.
Maintaining Your Equipment.
Where Does the Time Go?