Synopses & Reviews
This unique book will familiarize healing practitioners and martial artists with basic concepts of the human body, as defined by both Western and Eastern medical traditions, allowing those engaged in healing and martial arts to develop a more complete, holistic, and scientifically forward-looking understanding of the body. Overviews of philosophical and conceptual underpinnings are followed by detailed drawings and diagrams of the body's internal systems, as seen by both traditions. Written in a clear and concise style, this beautiful and informative book presents information previously unavailable in any single text, making it an essential work for students, healing professionals, and martial artists. This lavishly illustrated book includes:
• Over 147 color drawings and 54 duotone photographs
• An easy-to-understand overview of Western anatomical concepts
• A detailed overview of Eastern medical principles, including information previously available only in specialized, costly medical texts
• A comprehensive listing of Oriental pressure points and meridians in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, cross-referenced to nerves, blood vessels, and other anatomical landmarks
• Twenty essential self-massage and revival techniques
• Detailed principles of pressure point fighting, as used in traditional Asian martial arts
This volume seeks to familiarize healing practitioners and martial artists with basic concepts of the human body, as defined by both Western and Eastern medical traditions. Overviews of philosophical and conceptual underpinning are followed by charts and diagrams of the body's internal systems.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 140-141) and index.
About the Author
Marc Tedeschi is an internationally respected artist, designer, educator, and martial arts master, who has practiced martial arts for more than 25 years, training extensively in Hapkido, Taekwondo, Jujutsu, Judo, and Karate. Tedeschi's unique ability to blend his skills as a designer, writer, and martial artist has resulted in numerous books, widely acknowledged for their design excellence, outstanding imagery, and clarity of content. He is the author of twelve works, including a unique series of general martial arts books that provide an in-depth look at the core concepts and techniques shared by a broad range of martial arts.