Synopses & Reviews
Keep your bike on the road for the long haul Whether you're training, competing, or simply riding for fun, a properly tuned bike is essential to performance, efficiency, and safety. That's where Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair comes in.
Author Daimeon Shanks takes a straightforward you can do it approach to maintaining and repairing your bike so it's ready to go when you are.
Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair provides simple step-by-step instructions, accompanied by up-close photos, illustrations, and advice, for more than 100 repairs. You'll learn these skills and more:
- Adjust derailleurs and troubleshoot shifting problems.
- True your wheels and tweak your hubs for a silky-smooth ride.
- Install caliper, cantilever, or V-brakes.
- Repair a broken chain on the roadside.
- Fix flats in no time flat.
- Maintain pedals and cleats for efficiency and comfort.
- Install or adjust a headset.
- Install handlebars, including aero bars and flat bars.
- Adjust your saddle for a perfect fit.
- Determine if a triple crankset is right for you.
So spend more time in the saddle and less time and money in costly repair shops. Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair is the one guide no cyclist should be without
Teaches cyclists how to maintain and repair their bikes with minimal investment in specialized tools. Numbered, step-by-step instructions and close-up photo sequences accompany each repair, making the guidebook accessible and easy to understand. Includes a troubleshooting quick reference which lists the most common problems and suggests the appropriate repair. Gives an inside look into professional cycling with Pro Point of View sidebars that describe repair lessons.