Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS. 1. Scarcity, Choice, and Opportunity Costs.
2. How a Market Economy Works: The Price System.
3. Market Demand, Supply, and Elasticity.
4. Information, Internet, E-commerce, and Financial Markets.
II. ESSENTIALS OF MICROECONOMICS. 5. Costs and Productivity.
6. Competitive Markets.
7. Monopoly, Oligopoly, and Strategy.
III. MICROFOUNDATION OF MACROECONOMICS. 8. The Labor Market: Wages, Employment, and Unemployment.
9. Saving, Investment, and Interest Rates.
10. Government Spending, Taxation, and Deficits.
IV. ESSENTIALS OF MACROECONOMICS. 11. Macroeconomic Issues: Economic Growth and the Business Cycle.
12. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand.
13. Money and Banking.
15. Macro Stabilization Policy.
V. INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS. 16. International Trade and Globalization.
17. The International Monetary System.