Synopses & Reviews
- Create an Evernote account
- Keep track of text files, photos, links, and more
- Organize and quickly find the information you need
- Access Evernote from your computer or mobile devices
Your complete guide to using Evernote to organize your life and your work!
Voicemail, e-mail, to-do lists, contacts, shopping lists, places you’ve been, meetings to go to, and people to see…how can you remember it all? With Evernote, that’s how! This handy, easy-to-read guide makes it simple to use Evernote to store, organize, and access practically anything, anywhere, using a computer, smartphone, tablet, and the web.
- What Evernote can do for you — get organized, from keeping simple notes to managing receipts, research, business accounts, and more
- Go further — dig in deeper to add audio and video to your notes
- Manage information — customize Evernote to synchronize your notes, share notes and notebooks, sort information, and secure data
- Just for you — personalize Evernote with device-specific features for Windows®, Mac®, smartphones, and tablets
- Expand your skills — take Evernote to the next level with third-party applications and interface with digital cameras and scanners, and more
- Go pro — save even more time by using open scripting and connecting with the vast Evernote community
- More tips — get tips on uses for business and school
Open the book and find:
- How to set up your Evernote account
- Tips on creating, sorting, and searching notes
- Tricks to customize Evernote to meet your needs
- The lowdown on syncing and securing notes
- Tools and tips for Evernote developers
- Specific information on working with mobile devices
- How to share notes and notebooks
- What the book covers: the key features of Evernote including getting started, registering and setting up your own Evernote account, using Evernote on your computer, working with Evernote on tablets and smartphones, using Evernote on the web, creating simple text notes, keeping track of web pages, working with audio and video, customizing Evernote, categorizing, finding, sorting, and securing information, synchronizing notes, sharing notes and notebooks, exporting, importing, and encrypting notes, troubleshooting problems, enhancing Evernote with third-party applications and shared public notebooks, interfacing with digital cameras, scanners, and smartpens, saving time with Evernote’s open scripting, connecting with the Evernote community, and more.
- Updated coverage: Revised throughout to cover the latest features, updates, and enhancements made to Evernote.
Organize your life the simple, painless way with Evernote!
Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small using your computer, smartphone, or the web. If you can see it or think of it, Evernote can help you remember it! Now you can type a text note, clip a web page, snap a photo, or grab a screenshot and Evernote will keep it all.
Through Evernote, you can tap into a free suite of software and services designed to make note taking and archiving simple. Now you'll be able to easily capture any moment, idea, inspiration, or experience no matter what device or platform you are using. The Second Edition of this bestselling book is revised throughout to cover the latest features, updates, and enhancements made to Evernote!
- Follow the simple steps to quickly register and set up your Evernote account
- Discover how easy it is to move and organize notes
- Access all your information on your computer, the web, smartphone, tablet, or e-reader
- Explore Evernote's open scripting and explore how to be an Evernote developer
Evernote For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the ideal reference to help you take control of your life and get organized with Evernote. This handy guide makes it a breeze use Evernote to store, organize, and access practically anything, everywhere.
About the Author
David E. Y. Sarna is a veteran computer technologist with more than 35 years of experience as a management consultant and as an executive of high-technology companies. He currently runs WoodallTech, Inc., which is commercializing hydrogen-on-demand. He has authored or co-authored six books.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Evernote 5
Chapter 1: What Can Evernote Do for You? 7
Chapter 2: Opening an Evernote Account 13
Chapter 3: Creating Text Notes 29
Part II: Harnessing the Power of Notes 47
Chapter 4: Web Clipping 49
Chapter 5: Working with Audio and Video 59
Chapter 6: Creating Notes from Other Media 73
Part III: Managing Information 87
Chapter 7: Customizing Evernote at Home and Away 89
Chapter 8: Organizing and Searching Your Notes 105
Chapter 9: Synchronizing Notes 127
Chapter 10: Sharing Notes and Notebooks 139
Chapter 11: Exporting, Importing, and Encrypting Notes 155
Chapter 12: Inter facing with Other Products 167
Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Problems 173
Part IV: Just For You: Device-Specific Features 189
Chapter 14: Computers: Windows and Mac 191
Chapter 15: Working with Evernote on Tablets and Smartphones 201
Chapter 16: Using Evernote Web 223
Part V: Expanding Your Skills 231
Chapter 17: Enhancing Evernote with Third-Par ty Applications 233
Chapter 18: Interfacing with Digital Cameras, Scanners, and Smart Pens 247
Part VI: Adding Professional Power 257
Chapter 19: Saving Time with Evernote’s Open Scripting 259
Chapter 20: Connecting with the Evernote Community 267
Part VII: The Part of Tens 273
Chapter 21: Ten Home Improvements 275
Chapter 22: Ten School Shortcuts 281
Chapter 23: Ten Best Business Uses 287
Appendix: Evernote for Developers 293