Synopses & Reviews
- The only book of its kind to include a CD!
- Everything music books have sold over 125,000 copies!
Most musicians long to take their music to the next level--but aren't sure how to go about it. They lack the "secret" to understanding music on a deeper level--and struggle to grasp what it is that makes music music. In The Everything Music Theory Book, musician and music educator Marc Schonbrun teaches students of all levels the underpinnings of music theory--the very glue that holds music together.
Readers learn about:
- Chord and scale construction
- Harmony and harmonic analysis from Baroque through Jazz
- Musical form and development
- Counterpoint and voice leading
- The evolution of music from the 1600s through the present day
Perfect for everyone from the intermediate musician to the pre-collegiate music major, The Everything Music Theory Book is the one-stop guide to mastering one of the most important tools for every musician: musical understanding. Complete with a helpful audio CD, this clear and easy to follow book-plus package takes readers from music enthusiasts to true musicians in no time!