Synopses & Reviews
What does it mean for your child to be diagnosed with bipolar disorder? Where can you go to understand mood disorders, depression, and the highs and lows associated with this condition? The Everything Parent's Guide to Children with Bipolar Disorder is an authoritative handbook designed specifically for parents with questions about their child's emotional well-being, options for medication and therapy, and educational considerations.
Author William Stillman helps you:
- Define bipolar disorder
- Recognize symptoms of mental health issues
- Find a doctor and get a diagnosis
- Heighten awareness of depression, mania, and mood swings
- Maintain healthy family relationships
- Navigate the teen years
Complete with professional advice to help you cope with daily life, this all-inclusive resource provides reassuring answers for you and your child.
With this guide, parents learn how to begin the process of seeking diagnosis, to introduce their child to social settings, build positive relationships inside and outside the family unit, and prepare their child for adolescence and adulthood.
Parents learn how to:
- Begin the process of seeking diagnosis
- Introduce their child to social settings
- Build positive relationships inside and outside the family unit
- Prepare their child for adolescence and adulthood