Synopses & Reviews
The Everything Reading Music Book covers:
- The basics of music theory
- Lessons on recognizing and notating rhythm intervals modes, and volume
- Instruction on notes, chords, scales, and how they are arranged in a composition.
Read and play music in no time
Have fun learning to read music with this easy-to-follow guide. The Everything Reading Music Book has all it takes for you to quickly master and appreciate the fundamentals of music notation and theory so you can read and understand music like a pro. Filled with hundreds of examples and a bonus CD bringing the essential lessons to life, this is the all-in-one handbook you need to learn fast
Get the skills you need to read music like an expert with:
- Detailed descriptions of how to understand rhythm, rests, meter and time
- The key to reading expression markings, dynamics and other essential symbols
- How to form scales, chords, intervals, key signatures and other vital theory topics
- Chord progressions in all keys from basic to advanced progressions
- Demystification of instrument transpositions
- Instrument ranges, common foreign language terms and much more
- Applications to all instruments and every style of music
Sheets of music can be intimidating - music is another language But The Everything Reading Music Book has all you need to speak fluently.