Synopses & Reviews
This bestseller provides thorough, up-to-date coverage of digital fundamentals, from basic concepts to microprocessors, programmable logic, and digital signal processing. Its vivid full-color format is packed with photographs, illustrations, tables, charts, and graphs; valuable visual aids that today's user needs to understand this often complex computer application. Known for its clear, accurate explanations of theory supported by superior exercises and examples, this book’s full-color format is packed with the visual aids today’s readers/students need to grasp often complex concepts. For those in the computer industry where a knowledge of introductory digital programming is essential.
Table of Contents
1. Digital Concepts.
2. Number Systems, Operations, and Codes.
3. Logic Gates.
4. Boolean Algebra and Logic Simplification.
5. Combinational Logic Analysis.
6. Functions of Combinational Logic.
7. Latches, Flip-Flops, and Timers.
9. Shift Registers.
10. Memory and Storage.
11. Programmable Logic and Software.
12. Introduction to Computers.
13. Introduction to Digital Signal Processing.
14. Integrated Circuit Technologies.
Appendix A: Data Sheets.
Appendix B: Error Detection and Correction Codes.
Appendix C: Conversions.