Synopses & Reviews
Get to know the incredible iPad in a uniquely different Dummies format!
The iPad combines the best of your favorite gadgets into one amazing ultraportable touch device. And, thisone-of-a-kind For Dummies guide is your is your ticket for making the most out of your iPad or iPad 2. Thoroughly updated for the third-generation iPad, the new edition of this informative, full-color guide is packed with tidbits, full-color graphics, informative articles, and easy-to-follow step lists. Now that you have a new iPad, get to know it a little better with Exploring iPad For Dummies 2nd Edition.
- Includes coverage of the third-generation iPad, iPad 2, and the original iPad
- Helps you get connected, stay in touch with social media, text with iMessage, play slideshows or music, curl up with your favorite e-book, and find the latest and greatest apps for any interest
- Shows you how to get organized with calendars, contacts, and Reminders; take notes; locate where you are or where you're going with Maps; stream content; or go hands-free with Dictation
- Also covers video-chatting with FaceTime, recording HD videos, and capturing and editing photos on the incredible retina display
You’ve got the magic touch for all things iPad with Exploring iPad For Dummies 2nd Edition by your side.
- What the book covers: Meet the iPad, getting connected, syncing files, searching your iPad, running apps, navigating the multitouch interface, taking a web Safari, setting up e-mail, sharing through e-mail, twitter, or Message, admiring pictures, showing slideshows, taking pictures and video, making video calls with FaceTime, playing your tunes, exploiting playlists, buying music, getting organized with contacts, calendars, and reminders, taking notes, discovering productivity apps, staying connected with Notification Center, locating anything with Maps, finding and watching videos, streaming content with AirPlay, discovering and managing apps, curling up with a good iBook, protecting your iPad, troubleshooting, and more.
Get Your Head In The Icloud!
E-mail, text, social media, & more
speak UP! iPad can hear you
iSight® is outta sight!
HD Video, Photos + FaceTime
multi touch and go
Music, and e-books, and apps, OH, MY!
Making iPad Easier!
The iPad is one of the coolest devices around, and here's your ticket to uncovering all the incredible things it can do. Whether you've upgraded to the latest iPad or the iPad mini, or are still in love with your original iPad or iPad 2, get ready for some fun!
You've got the magic touch
Surf the web with the swipe of a finger and reach out to the world with e-mail, social media, iMessage®, and more.
Fill it up
Let iPad entertain you from music to movies, e-books to apps, and everything in between, iPad does it all.
Smile for the camera
Video-chat with FaceTime®, record HD videos, capture photos, and view them all on the stunning iPad retina display.
Take charge of your calendar, set reminders, and see what Siri your voice- activated virtual assistant can do for you.
About the Author
Galen Gruman (San Francisco, CA) has more than 20 years experience in leading publications as a writer and editor. He is currently Executive Editor at InfoWorld, where he manages the news and features staff. In addition, Galen is principal at The Zango Group, an editorial and marketing consulting firm. Galen is the author or coauthor of more than 20 books; his recent titles include iBooks Author For Dummies, Exploring iPad 2 For Dummies, Mac OS X Lion Bible, and InDesign CS5 For Dummies.
Table of Contents
iPad Basics 2
What's New in the Third-Gen iPad 25
Adventures in Mail Management 44
Using iPhoto for iPad 59
Podcasts, Audiobooks, and iTunes U 71
iPad Productivity 77
Cloud Storage 93
Using iCloud.com 95
Let the iPad Direct You 104
Making Your Own Movies 118
Gallery of Apps 132
Using Multi-Touch E-Books 149
Reading Periodicals 150
Backing Up and Restoring Your iPad 162
Tried-and-True Troubleshooting 164