Synopses & Reviews
Your guide to the most significant changes in SharePoint 2013.
Discover what’s new and what’s changed in SharePoint 2013—and get a head start using these cutting-edge capabilities to improve organizational collaboration and effectiveness.
Led by a Microsoft MVP for SharePoint, you'll learn how to take advantage of important new features and functionality, including app development, collaborative social enterprise tools, enhanced versioning, themes, improved search, and an extended client object model.
Get an early, expert look at how to:
- Develop SharePoint apps using collaborative social enterprise tools
- Use the new Minimal Download Strategy (MDS) smart technology to consume less bandwidth
- Version documents, list items, and entire parts of SharePoint with improved control
- Use colors and styles to get a themed version of your CSS with a simple line of code
- Extend the client object model with enhanced search capabilities
About the Author
Penelope Coventry is an independent consultant based in the UK, with more than 25 years of industry experience. She currently focuses on the design, implementation, and development of solutions based on SharePoint Products and Technologies. Penny has authored/co-authored a number of books, including Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Administrator's Companion, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Administrator's Companion, Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit, SharePoint Designer 2007 Step by Step and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Step by Step. Penny is frequently seen at Tech*Ed and IT forum, either as a Technical Learning guide or on the SharePoint Ask-the-Expert stands. Penny lives in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England with her husband, Peter, and dog, Poppy.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Architectural enhancements
- Chapter 2: Introducing the new search architecture
- Chapter 3: Enterprise Content Management
- Chapter 4: Social computing
- Chapter 5: Building composite solutions
- Chapter 6: Business Intelligence
- About the Author