Synopses & Reviews
This lavishly illustrated guide is the perfect accompaniment for your trip to India, with regional coverage stretching from the Great Himalayas of the north to the tropical peninsular of the south. Packed with 3D aerial views, cutaways and floor plans of all the major sights, and now with even more full-color maps of towns and regions, you can get a great visual appetizer wherever you go. Find out all you need to know about sights, beaches, markets and festivals, listed town by town and expert information on India's dizzying variety of highlights from the most magnificent palaces to where to find the best authentic Indian cuisine. And with absorbing sections on temples, shrines and places of worship, walks, scenic routes, thematic tours and an introduction to trekking in the Himalayas, this comprehensive guide is completely indispensable.
- Packed with photographs, illustrations, and maps
- Cutaways and floor plans of all the major sights
- 3-D aerial views of the city's most interesting districts
- Huge selection of hotels, restaurants, stores, and entertainment venues
- Specially devised walking tours