Synopses & Reviews
The guide for marketing a small business on Facebook
The number one social networking site offers the opportunity to reach more than 350 million registered users with your advertising message. Owners of small and local businesses will benefit from these tips and best practices provided by Facebook insiders. Learn new ways to attract customers, create a business profile, and take advantage of Facebook’s many marketing features.
- With more than 350 million registered users, Facebook opens a worldwide forum for small businesses that were once dependent on local traffic alone
- This guide to small business marketing on Facebook, is packed with information from Facebook’s staff
- Guides you through creating a profile for your business, taking advantage of Facebook’s unique marketing features, following best practices, and getting the best return on your investment
- Packed with insider tips and creative marketing ideas
If you have a small or local business, you can’t go wrong with the marketing advice in The Facebook Guide to Small Business Marketing.
Get on the same page as your customerson Facebook
The power of Facebook is pretty awesome. Your customers are there, hanging out with each other, chatting about where they shop, what they're looking for, and what businesses they recommend. With the right Facebook presence, you can engage them through conversation, video, relevant messages, events, and other value-added content. And not only is Facebook the place to communicate with your customers, it's where they communicate with each other and with you. Here's what every busy small-business person needs to maximize the business power of Facebook.
- Learn to design the ideal business Page
- Integrate Facebook with your blog and website
- Generate traffic with Check-in Deals and Sponsored Stories
- Increase attention with Events and custom apps
- Study the successful tactics of more than a dozen businesses
Use social media dashboards effectively
Create exciting video events
Learn from successful small businesses
About the Author
Ramon Ray is editor and technology evangelist for Smallbiztechnology.com and regional development director at Infusionsoft. He produces the annual Small Business Summit, Taste of Technology Series, 12 Hours of Tech, and other events, and has written thousands of articles about technology for small businesses. Ramon is a former small-business technology consultant and a much sought-after conference speaker.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Learning Facebook Basics 1
Chapter 2: Designing a Business Page 9
Chapter 3: Drawing More People to Your Page 39
Chapter 4: Making Money on Facebook 71
Chapter 5: Boosting Your Website with Facebook 107
Chapter 6: Creating Facebook Events 131
Chapter 7: Using Facebook to Generate Local Store Foot Traffic 145
Chapter 8: Catching Media Attention Using Facebook 169
Chapter 9: Leveraging Facebook as a Platform 187
Chapter 10: Creating and Using Facebook Apps 199
Chapter 11: Learning Lessons from Real Businesses 219
Appendix A: Resources 237