Synopses & Reviews
• Super-detailed Mojave Wasteland map poster shows all 200+ Primary Locations and dozens more secondary areas, so you'll never be lost in Sin City!
• Don't miss anything! We reveal every collectible, unique item, major ammunition and health cache, and much more!
• Fully equipped adventuring! All the Crafting techniques are covered, plus every Campfire, Reloading Bench, Workbench, Caravan Player, Trader, Merchant, Healer, and Dealer is located!
• How S.P.E.C.I.A.L. are you? Learn when and how to use all the new Perks, Traits, and Skills, and how to upgrade every Follower!
• Ready to carve out an independent New Vegas, or act on behalf of a Faction overlord? Complete strategies, including all major Skill, Perk, and Faction decisions, for every Main Quest, Side Quest, and Challenge!
• Optimize your upgrades! Learn how to modify your weapons, where all the components are located, and compare your armaments using our detailed statistics charts. Tactics for manual aiming and new Unarmed attacks are also revealed.
• Character Archetypes, based on hundreds of hours of playtesting, are revealed so you know where to spend your Skill points, and the best attributes and items to seek out
• 100+ fully-detailed maps of all major settlements guide you instantly and easily to collectible locations!
• Exclusive maps detailing the New Vegas world!
• Complete coverage of every main mission adventure as well as all side quests and encounters.
• Every collectible catalogued and located so you won’t miss any.
• Pull out poster map of the huge New Vegas landscape with points of interest, main sights, and major landmarks labeled.
Table of Contents
New Vegas Navigation
General Training and Advice (Game Difficulty, Hardcore Mode, Hardcore Tactics, Experience Points, Pip-Boy, Notes, Challenges, Radio Signals, Flashlight, Karma, Reputation)
Running and Gunning (VATS, Weapon Condition, Weapon Types, Weapon Modification)
Going on Maneuvers (Clandestine Activities, Environmental Hazards, Campfires, Reloading Benches, Workbenches, Crafting Recipes, Vendors, Sleeping and Waiting, Health and Chems)
Characters, Crafting, and Collectibles
Factions & Bestiary
Wasteland Guns and Gear
Gear (Armor and Outfits)
Walkthroughs (All 72 Side Quests covered)
Tour ofthe Mojave Wasteland
Map Overview and Legend
Zone 1: Northwest Mountains
Zone 2: New Vegas Conurbation (Exterior)
Zone 2: New Vegas Conurbation (Interior)
Zone 3: Northeast Territories
Zone 4: Southwest Desert
Zone 5: Centarl Mountains
Zone 6: East Cliffs and South Red Zone
Appendix I: Endings
Appendix II: Challenges
Appendix III: Achievements and Trophies
Appendix IV: Vendors, Weapon Upgrades, & Gambling Dens
Appendix V: Crafting Locations
Appendices VI-XI: Collectibles
Appendix XII: Unique Items
Appendix XIII: Unique Weapons
Appendix XIV: Wild Wasteland Oddities
Reading Group Guide
The Introduction section details how to spend your Statistics, Skill, and Perk points, choose Traits, and learn the key survival skills for Crafting and upgrading armaments. It also includes tips on the inhospitable Hardcore mode, Faction interactions, and your Reputation. Character archetypes help you streamline your advancement.
Meet the major Factions across the Mojave Wasteland in the Factions & Bestiary section, and learn their goals, thirst for power, or antics they're likely to undertake. The Bestiary reveals statistics on all the adversaries lurking within well-defended encampments, charging out of caverns, or ambushing you in dark corridors.
Every single weapon available in the Mojave Wasteland, whether it's a gun, melee weapon, or unarmed gauntlet, is listed in the Wasteland Guns and Gear section. Next comes every item of gear you can attach to yourself--armor, outfits, headgear, and more. Finally, all of the available ingestibles are shown, so you can see which items bump up your attributes or skills.
The Main Quest section walks you through all the main quests, broken down into three Acts. Spoiler Alert: The optimal path to complete every Main Quest is shown, along with pretty much every possible conversation option and combat choice. Don't venture into these pages unless you're ready to read the consequences!
There are a multitude of Side Quests that you can undertake throughout your adventure, and all 72 of these are fully covered in our Side Quests section. Side Quests can occur at any time, in any place, and can usually be completed whenever you wish. Every Side Quest that pops onto your Pip-Boy is solved optimally in this section.
The Tour portion of the guide is the perfect companion to our walkthroughs and wasteland map. The wasteland has been divided into six zones; each zone is usually bounded by roads so you can easily locate yourself on the map using your Pip-Boy. When you want to know more about each zone and locations it contains, this Tour of the Mojave Wasteland covers it all.
Keeping track of your adventure is more difficult than wrangling Wind Brahmin. The Appendices section helps you keep track of all the possible endings; Challenges; Achievements and Trophies; Vendors, Weapon Upgrades, & Gambling Dens; Crafting Locations; Collectibles; Skill Books; Skill Magazines; Unique Items; Unique Weapons; and more!