Synopses & Reviews
2008 Edition The authoritative guide to funding, preparing, shooting, lighting, editing, finishing and distributing your film or video
Widely acknowledged as the "bible" of film and video production and used in courses around the world, this indispensable guide to making movies is now updated with the latest advances in high- definition formats. For students and teachers, the professional and the novice filmmaker, this clear and comprehensive handbook remains the reliable reference to all aspects of moviemaking.
- Techniques for making narrative, documentary, corporate, experimental and feature films.
- Working with high-definition and standard-definition digital video formats, including DV, HD, and HDV.
- Extensive coverage of video editing with the latest nonlinear editing systems.
- Thorough grounding in lenses, lighting, sound recording, and sound editing.
- The business aspects of financing and producing movies
filmmakers, this book will give you the skills you need to take your dreams from script to screen.
The bible for filmmakers and videographers alike, this handbook highlights the techniques and technologies needed for the digital age. 143 photos.
The authoritative guide to producing, directing, shooting, editing, and distributing your video or film
Widely acknowledged as the andldquo;bibleandrdquo; of video and film production, and used in courses around the world, The Filmmakerandrsquo;s Handbook is now updated with the latest advances in HD and new digital formats. For students and teachers, professionals and novices, this indispensable handbook covers all aspects of movie making.
* Techniques for making dramatic features, documentaries, corporate, broadcast, and experimental videos and films
* Shooting with DSLRs, video, film, and digital cinema cameras
* Digital editing with the latest video editing systems
* In-depth coverage of lenses, lighting, sound recording, and mixing
* The business aspects of funding and producing your project
* Getting your movie shown in theaters, on TV, and on the Web
About the Author
has taught filmmaking at Harvard and MIT. His awards include Sundance Grand Jury Prize, a George Foster Peabody Award, and the Prix Italia. He has been nominated for an Oscar.
EDWARD PINCUS founded the film section at MIT and later taught filmmaking at Harvard. His awards include a Guggenheim Fellowship, and he is the author of the widely used Guide to Filmmaking.