Synopses & Reviews
Your Step-by-Step Guide to
Flawless Hand Quilting
Learn all the ins and outs of superb hand quilting the easy way. More than 270 clear color photos in this reference will guide you through all the basics and then beyond into a world of beautiful hand-quilting techniques.
Master the art of hand quilting with:
* Guides on the very best needles, thimbles, markers, and battings
* Back-saving tricks that make basting fast and painless
* The inside scoop on using hoops and floor frames
* Creative tying techniques that look terrific and take half the time
* Hints and tips that make trapunto and stippling easy
Enjoy the pleasures of hand quilting with all the best, most up-to-date information!
Learn the secrets for glitch-free stitching!
For the first time, here is a guide to the art of hand quilting that uses step-by-step photographs to clearly show what stitches and techniques the top and bottom hands do at the same time in order to render a design -- just the way quilting really happens. Another unique feature of this book is the fully illustrated section on how to install a quilt in two different kinds of frames. And naturally, you'll find expert instructions and photos on how to stipple quilt, mark and quilt grids, quilt in a floor frame -- plus inspired advice on choosing the right design for your space.