Synopses & Reviews
New hotel and restaurant reviews in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth, plus farther-flung cities and towns. Australia 21st edition has 65 newly updated maps and 260 color photos.
Illustrated Features: Look for richly illustrated guides of the best dive sites in the Barrier Reef, understanding aboriginal art, dining on mod-oz cuisine, hiking in the Blue Mountains, driving the Convict Trail in Tasmania, and exploring Australia’s renowned wine regions.
Indispensable Trip Planning Tools: Easy-to-scan recommendations run the gamut from alfresco dining to exploring Sydney’s top sights; how to plan outdoor adventures in Victoria, Tasmania, Daintree National Park; where to find the best beaches and coastal and wilderness walks in Queensland; and the top amusement parks in Brisbane.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor’s Australia offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife. “Word of Mouth” quotes from fellow travelers provide valuable insights.
• Make your trip to Australia unforgettable with illustrated features, 65 maps, and 260 color photos.
Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• Convenient overviews of each region and its highlights
• Practical advice for getting around
• Easy-to-read color regional maps
Explore Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, and beyond
• Discerning Fodor’s Choice picks for hotels, restaurants, sights, and more
• “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow Fodor’s travelers
• Illustrated features on Mod Oz cuisine, Aboriginal art, and Tasmania’s convict trail
• Best scenic drives, wineries, and dive spots
Opinions from destination experts
• Fodor’s Australia–based writers reveal their favorite local haunts
• Revised frequently to provide the latest information